22-5A Predictions

Alpha Wolf

58 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

The disrespect man. Lol

Yeah Buddy, I see that.  Like I told Soulja earlier today (I won't go into the full conversation on here) anything less than a 3rd place finish and not getting past the area round, in my opinion is unacceptable.  To see why i say that, go to the other thread and look at the 1st 5 years of Central history I posted compared to the last 5...

Jags will finish no less than 2nd and get past the area round...

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Im starting to think that win over Crosby is Vidor's best win in school history, albeit a BI-DISTRICT win. Let that sink in. 

It was most definitely a storied win. First playoff win in idk how many years, especially considering what all happened that year.

5 hours ago, ShlyKBMT said:

Vidor was a State Semifinalist in 1964, going 12-0-1. So I wouldn't go that far.

That actually happened? Yikes! Vidor folks never bring that up, kudos to em, but Ned and their title pre-dinosaurs roaming though……… 

*fills tea cup* 

10 hours ago, ShlyKBMT said:
10 hours ago, ShlyKBMT said:

Vidor was a State Semifinalist in 1964, going 12-0-1. So I wouldn't go that far.

Lonestar site says 13-0-1 the 1 loss was to San Marcos,game ended 21-21 semi-final tie,my guess penetrations decided the outcome

2 hours ago, liltex said:

Lonestar site says 13-0-1 the 1 loss was to San Marcos,game ended 21-21 semi-final tie,my guess penetrations decided the outcome

Yes, it was penetrations.  On a kickoff by San Marcos, the Vidor receiver anticipated the ball going out of bounds on the 18, but it bounced the wrong way & they recovered.  Didn't score, but it was the winning penetration.  Vidor led in all other stats.   Cest la vie.  

A little Trivia, the Vidor vs Cy Fairbanks game was the first HS game held in Lamars stadium.  I saw it and Cy Fair should have won.  Right before half, they drove, about 60 yards as I remember, running sweeps right and left.  Had first and goal at the 4.  Ran up the middle all four plays and Vidor stopped them.   Still have no idea why they didn't run a sweep.  Vidor coach, Edgar Payne, made adjustments at half, and we shut them down after that.

In my opinion, he was one of the best to ever coach in this area.  In 62 Vidor was 0-10.  He came in 63 and they went 6-4 (?), then the 64 team.  He had to retired for health reasons after that season.   And yes, the Crosby win was a highlight victory for Vidor (who hasn't had many) because all the experts picked the Cougars.  Vidor played flawless ball and Crosby didn't.  Next game, same thing.  Then the Angleton game, those fortunes reversed.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 11:52 AM, Jag Insider said:

Yeah Buddy, I see that.  Like I told Soulja earlier today (I won't go into the full conversation on here) anything less than a 3rd place finish and not getting past the area round, in my opinion is unacceptable.  To see why i say that, go to the other thread and look at the 1st 5 years of Central history I posted compared to the last 5...

Jags will finish no less than 2nd and get past the area round...

Central needs to finish with the #1 D2 seed, otherwise you get Crosby in the first round. It's not much better getting the #2 seed though, seeing as how you will most likely get Dayton in the first round instead. Central can actually win the district and still get the Dayton vs Crosby loser in the first round, second round would be Texas City/Fort Bend Marshall or Galveston Ball most likely.  

11 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Central needs to finish with the #1 D2 seed, otherwise you get Crosby in the first round. It's not much better getting the #2 seed though, seeing as how you will most likely get Dayton in the first round instead. Central can actually win the district and still get the Dayton vs Crosby loser in the first round, second round would be Texas City/Fort Bend Marshall or Galveston Ball most likely.  

I expect Central to be able to hold their own against either of those guys, Dayton or Crosby... So Central will be fine...

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I expect Central to be able to hold their own against either of those guys, Dayton or Crosby... So Central will be fine...

Depends on what your definition of the phrase means. Y'all could barely hold your own CE King the week after we beat them by 40. . . so I wouldn't be so sure. There's a difference between putting good athletes on the field like Humble and Central do vs putting good teams on the field like Crosby and Dayton do.

21 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Depends on what your definition of the phrase means. Y'all could barely hold your own CE King the week after we beat them by 40. . . so I wouldn't be so sure. There's a difference between putting good athletes on the field like Humble and Central do vs putting good teams on the field like Crosby and Dayton do.

Yes I know, but new offensive scheme and 10 returning starters on defense that led the district in fewest yards allowed last year, not to mention a really good JV group will be successful in the playoffs.  The only thing that can hold them back is......  Which is the same thing that held them back in last year's game vs. King.  Different discussion, different day....

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It'll be a tough road either way it goes.  I wouldn't expect anything less.  The Jags were embarrassed by CE King 2 years ago but should have had the 1 last year but couldn't close out.  Time to shake it off and get passed this 1st round which hasn't been done since 2010...