22-5A Predictions

Alpha Wolf

2 hours ago, biaplayer said:

This could be a bad year for PNG unfortunately I don't know what kind of depth we have at any position to be honest, The QB position we have two both young and really unproven although I hear good things about both of them. RB heard we are down to back up and a list of who might can get the job done. The offense and defensive lines are both suspect, think we are good at the WR position although we lost some really good talent due to graduation.
Haven't heard about the secondary pretty sure we are young at that position too , Lejune and Robinson will need a lot of help. Kicker is in question don't have any info on him at all I'm sure we will see a lot of directional pooch kicking as we have seen the last 8 years or so. With this assumption I'm really not sure if we can even rap up a #4 spot at best. Just my opinion as we have a lot of unanswered questions this year. I guess the spotlight will be on Johnson, can he come out on the field as a sophomore and be the field general that we need him to be, and somewheres amongst this team find a RB that can move the chains when called upon. Can honestly say I think we will need some players going both ways at some point in time.

Its going to be a long year for PN-G. Both lines are going to need to improve throughout the year. They are going to be the biggest area of concerns. Defensively we are going to be undersized. The running back situation will be just as good as last year, not saying last year was a good situation.. Average at best. Johnson will be a work in progress. Hes young and has great ability. As long as he stays at PN-G I think we have hope. Offensively I would rate us middle of the pack in the district. Defensively we will be around the middle to bottom. What people must remember is that it takes a special kid to be a STUD as a sophomore. There will be a huge learning curve. SO my preseason rankings are simple...

Offense...             C

Defense...            C-

Special Teams...  C

Coaching...           B-

Overall....     Solid C

I do think we limp into the playoffs after a beat down from Nederland as the 4 seed....

One must remember in high school football. Most players play by coaching rather than instinct on defense. That being said the hardest thing to contain is a elusive, shifty, QB. I do think that is an advantage if we have any..

ITS NOT ALL DOOM AND GLOOM....... JUST MOST OF IT............

On 7/23/2016 at 10:42 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

My top-5 as of tonight: 

Memorial 

Nederland 

Central

Vidor

Png

Let me re-adjust real quick, didnt know the fire was gonna drop in the hole this morning on this chamber of commerce Wednesday. :)

1. Memorial 

2. Central 

3. Vidor

4. Nederland 

5. Png

Sure is alot going on in Mid-County….. 

2 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Somebody forgot to lock the padded room.

Nah they had some lil ballerina boy dressed in purple watching it, he went dancing down the hall doing something weird with his hand over his mouth then out came an Injun dressed as a swamp-mutt, when the ballerina boy saw that he got scared and said: "I cant take 6 more beatings" then proceeded to runaway, then what a coincidence, Stattrax takes off the smelly swamp-mutt costume dressed in purple with a headdress that'll put the indianettes to shame. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Let me re-adjust real quick, didnt know the fire was gonna drop in the hole this morning on this chamber of commerce Wednesday. :)

1. Memorial 

2. Central 

3. Vidor

4. Nederland 

5. Png

Sure is alot going on in Mid-County….. 

Ned still finishes ahead of Vidor. Let's not overreact.

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Nah they had some lil ballerina boy dressed in purple watching it, he went dancing down the hall doing something weird with his hand over his mouth then out came an Injun dressed as a swamp-mutt, when the ballerina boy saw that he got scared and said: "I cant take 6 more beatings" then proceeded to runaway, then what a coincidence, Stattrax takes off the smelly swamp-mutt costume dressed in purple with a headdress that'll put the indianettes to shame. 

Thats good stuff BG.................

5 hours ago, CCRed said:

If what is true about Mayfield not playing for Nederland this year, some of you might want to re-think your district predictions.  From what I saw he was the best overall athlete on that team.  Losing him will hurt.

Any TEAM can lose a player and survive and thrive. 

On 7/12/2016 at 8:37 PM, Jag Insider said:

For those of you that have your copy of Dave Campbell's 2016 Texas Football, turn to page 273 and look in the very top left hand corner.  If that comes true, this is my prediction...

1.  Port Arthur Memorial...after playing much bigger schools like North Shore, Deer Park, etc., dropping down is a big confidence booster for the Titans.  Because of this, I could see them just as prolific as the team that went to the state quarterfinals a couple of years ago.  Along with Coach Harrison trying to keep his job, the Titans will have no mercy on the smaller schools of the district. 

2.  Beaumont Central...9 starters return on defense.  A bunch of juniors and sophomores played last year along with the district champs in JV translate to good things this year.  In my opinion, with Whaley being gone, it will benefit the offense in opening it up and not being so predictable.  

3.  Nederland...Nederland is Nederland but the streak will end.  He may not win district this year but they will be in the playoffs again.   

4.  Port Neches-Groves...the Indians will continue to reload.  

5.  Vidor...the style of offense will keep them in many games, the defense will let them out. 

6. Lumberton...Babin and the Raiders will come up a little short of making the playoffs this go around. 

7. Beaumont Ozen...gone is the all district QB, all everything RB and with the coaches getting a late, equates to a long season.  Lack of depth is a concern. 

8. Baytown Lee...no longer the cellar dwellers. 

9. Livingston...the new cellar dwellers. 

Big blow loosing Mayfield but I didn't have them winning the district anyway...