Today is Appeals Day at UIL

AggiesAreWe

Very surpised that Central did not win, Amarillo must have a lot of pull within UIL. Hays and Lehman not moving means passing through Austin ISD's district to travel to North Austin, while San Marcos travels through both schools to Austin ISD. Just all around confusing.

West Brook was probably the best outcome they could get.

Alice and Calallen is the most shocking thing. I understand travel distance, but UIL swore off 11 team districts after the Fort Worth disaster. Now one team in their district is only going to have 9 games with a bye at the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, RaiderRed30 said:

I thought I read somewhere that no decision has been made for other sports. Only football was decided today.

I am pretty certain this would mean all sports in Llvingston's case going up in a classification. You can't play 4A all other sports and football 5A. 

1 minute ago, ShlyKBMT said:

No decision has been made for all sports in regards to Livingston. West Brook will be playing in a different district for football than the rest of sports. Keep that in mind.

My mistake then. I guess they could stick them in another 5A district for other sports. I wasn't think of that. My mistake

30 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

WO-S is looking for Week 5, so Huffman, Navasota and Cleveland are possible ones.

Navasota WO-S, yes please.

26 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Will there, aside from Livingston being moved back up to 5A, be any sanctions against Livingston for turning in the wrong snap shot numbers?

I was wondering about TEA. I thought the numbers UIL used were what the districts turned into TEA for money. If they falsified records, then TEA could go after them for money they received that they should not have necessarily received.

2 minutes ago, ST413 said:

And one of th views of one student is that the superintendent "lied".

I have heard of this happening a time or two before around these parts. May come back and bite them in the butt.

7 minutes ago, RaiderRed30 said:

I was wondering about TEA. I thought the numbers UIL used were what the districts turned into TEA for money. If they falsified records, then TEA could go after them for money they received that they should not have necessarily received.

That is my understanding as well.  But it is also that my understanding that their funding would have been less under the numbers that they turned in as opposed to the real numbers.  Sounds like somebody just cut off their nose despite their face.

2 hours ago, RaiderRed30 said:

Tried to say travel, even through the district they wanted was actually further. Their new district has Lampasas, Liberty Hill, Burnet, Salado, and Taylor.

Yes I looked it but and scratched my head on that doesn't matter the bus doesn't go very fast goof up the hills anyways and either way you go you have a good chance to hit a deer