Today is Appeals Day at UIL

AggiesAreWe

Today is the day UIL will hear all appeals in regards to the realignment this past Feb. 1. We will know the status of Beaumont West Brook and Beaumont Harmony Science appeals later today.

Also big news regarding Livingston. It appears that Livingston turned in inaccurate numbers for realignment. Their accurate snap shot number actually will keep them in 5A. Will be interesting to see how UIL handles this.

If Livingston goes back to 5A (which they should) this will cause several teams to look for games to complete their 10 game schedule.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Today is the day UIL will hear all appeals in regards to the realignment this past Feb. 1. We will know the status of Beaumont West Brook and Beaumont Harmony Science appeals later today.

Also big news regarding Livingston. It appears that Livingston turned in inaccurate numbers for realignment. Their accurate snap shot number actually will keep them in 5A. Will be interesting to see how UIL handles this.

If Livingston goes back to 5A (which they should) this will cause several teams to look for games to complete their 10 game schedule.

I know it is hard to predict what the UIL will do, but what do you think they will do with Beaumont Harmony Science?

If they move Livingston back to 5A, which district will they go?

to Beaumont and make a 9

to Huntsville, Willis, Brenham, Magnolia, Tomball, Waller and make a 9

new caney, kingwood, splendora, Dayton, mont belvieu, humble, Crosby which they are geographically closer.

Keep 20 and 22 at 8 ( even number ) and make 21 a 10 ( even number ).  This also affects fewer overall teams.

Harmony Science is not part of today's appeal. They've elected not to be part of a UIL district at this time. Here's a statement from their AD.

"Due to a miscommunication during the UIL re-alignment process, we were placed into a district that doesn't match our student athlete's needs. While we are saddened at the loss of conference play, we are grateful to the UIL and the other district 22-4A schools for allowing us to withdraw until the re-alignment process begins again."

9 minutes ago, ShlyKBMT said:

Harmony Science is not part of today's appeal. They've elected not to be part of a UIL district at this time. Here's a statement from their AD.

"Due to a miscommunication during the UIL re-alignment process, we were placed into a district that doesn't match our student athlete's needs. While we are saddened at the loss of conference play, we are grateful to the UIL and the other district 22-4A schools for allowing us to withdraw until the re-alignment process begins again."

Thanks for the info

1 hour ago, coachhooker01 said:

what did they appeal for?  Used to work coach in Llano just interested on what they appealed for 

From another site

UIL District Assignment Appeals Committee to Meet

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUSTIN— The District Assignment Appeals Committee of the University Interscholastic League will convene at 9:00 a.m., Thursday, February 18 at the UIL Office in Austin to hear reclassification and realignment appeals. 

After the UIL released its biennial reclassification and realignment data on Feb. 1, all schools were given the opportunity to appeal their district and conference assignments. 

Schools Scheduled to Appeal District Assignment: 

School

Original District

Requested District

Corpus Christi Calallen

5A – 29

5A – 30

Alice

5A – 29

5A – 30

Castroville Medina Valley

5A – 26

5A – 29

Frankston

3A DII – 10 

3A DII – 8

Llano

4A – 19 (Basketball)

4A – 28

Eustace

3A DI – 9

3A DI – 7

San Angelo Central

6A – 8 (Basketball)

6A – 2 

Wylie

6A – 6

6A – 10

Beaumont West Brook

6A – 12

6A – 22

Pflugerville Connally

5A – 19

5A – 25

Buda Hays

6A – 25

6A – 14

Kyle Lehman

6A – 25

6A – 14

Lockhart

5A – 26

5A – 25

Apple Springs*

1A DII – 15

1A DI – 16

Pharr San Juan Alamo Southwest*

5A – 32

6A – 31

San Antonio Fox Tech*

5A – 28

3A – 26

Fort Worth Young Men’s Leadership*

6A – 4

5A – 7

Fort Worth Young Women’s Leadership*

6A – 4

5A – 7

* Indicates that the school has received a unanimous vote of approval from both the original district and the receiving district. 

The meeting of the Assignment Appeals Committee is open to the public and all interested parties are welcome to attend.

UIL will has ruled on West Brook's appeal. Bruins will remain in 12-6A for football, but will compete in 22-6A in all other sports.

12-6A Football
West Brook
Conroe
Oak Ridge
The Woodlands
College Park
Lufkin 
Montgomery

22-6A Other Sports
West Brook
Deer Park
La Porte
Pasadena
Pasadena Dobie
Pasadena Memorial
Pasadena Rayburn
South Houston

21 minutes ago, ShlyKBMT said:

UIL will has ruled on West Brook's appeal. Bruins will remain in 12-6A for football, but will compete in 22-6A in all other sports.

12-6A Football
West Brook
Conroe
Oak Ridge
The Woodlands
College Park
Lufkin 
Montgomery

22-6A Other Sports
West Brook
Deer Park
La Porte
Pasadena
Pasadena Dobie
Pasadena Memorial
Pasadena Rayburn
South Houston

So much for the UIL's "proximity" argument that they have used with GCCISD for years.