College Baseball

Chester86

College baseball on TV has really come a long way with WatchESPN and the other networks.  You can catch most of the games on some kind of broadcast.  It used to really make me mad when they would only show 1 game of big series like A&M v Texas and instead would show reruns of poker on FoxSports.  It's not always they best broadcast, but most schools now have pretty decent crews working the games. 

6 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

College baseball on TV has really come a long way with WatchESPN and the other networks.  You can catch most of the games on some kind of broadcast.  It used to really make me mad when they would only show 1 game of big series like A&M v Texas and instead would show reruns of poker on FoxSports.  It's not always they best broadcast, but most schools now have pretty decent crews working the games. 

I have to agree. 

LHN is very busy with baseball, softball, and basketball this time of year. 

47 minutes ago, bulldogbacker said:

We are really lucky with LHN.

We only have to share airtime with the current opponent. 

Could not imagine having 1/12 of the airtime. 

It's 1/14th

Most of your games aren't on the LHN.  They will be on WatchESPN/ ESPN3 just like the the SEC games which are both owned by ESPN.  

9 hours ago, GCMPats said:

For the first time in 17 years, I could really care less about baseball season. The college experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

Good luck to the rest of you. Enjoy.

All college sports are a business, it's just that baseball takes the biggest hit of them.   11.7 scholarships for ~35 players is ridiculous! 85 scholarships in football is plenty, as is 13 in basketball.  Somehow Title 9 took it out all of their anger on baseball.  It makes no sense.  We should have never let them vote.....

Btw I may need an assistant coach if your ever in Mid County this summer. 

8 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

All college sports are a business, it's just that baseball takes the biggest hit of them.   11.7 scholarships for ~35 players is ridiculous! 85 scholarships in football is plenty, as is 13 in basketball.  Somehow Title 9 took it out all of their anger on baseball.  It makes no sense.  We should have never let them vote.....

Btw I may need an assistant coach if your ever in Mid County this summer. 

The problem are the a-holes that are coaching and how slimy some of them are.

We fully expected the "business" aspect. However, we had never been exposed to such high levels of hypocrisy.