Coach Jan West..... Zavalla Lady Eagles....... Its been a great run!!!!!!!

This is the hidden content, please

Coach Jan West coached her last home game in Zavalla tuesday night. I am 41 years old and moved to Zavalla in 1985 from PN-G  wasnt to long after moving there I visited Eagles gym there and watched my first game coached by Jan West.  I remember thinking she was very tall. Back in those days her teams were very good. Coach West coached in Zavalla soemwere aorund 33 years. She won her 500th game back in 2013. I do not know what her final record is but I know she was very faithful to the ZISD as she turned down many many offers from larger schools to leave Zavalla. I remember getting to school early to see her Lady Eagles teams off to the state tourny when I was in high school there. Those teams were really good. She was a hard nosed coach who loved her girls. She is a coaching legend there up in the country and she will be missed on the sidelines.......   Good luck Coach West 

Zavalla is in West Sabine's district and we always could expect one thing when we played them: hard-nosed, in-your-face defense, cat quick guard play and tenacity in spades. Her 500th win was against WS at Zavalla in 2013. I was there that night covering the game for the Sabine County Reporter. Congratulations Coach West on a fantastic career…….