Silsbee vs Hardin Jefferson Round 2 Friday Night

BADSANTA

21 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I have seen different views, is Parquet out for sure?  I hope he is back, the Tigers need to have a game from a full strength HJ, or as close as possible.  Need to be pushed at this point, may be anyway but the harder the push the better.

It's my understanding that Parquet is out.

Parquet is the most important player for HJ in a game against an athletic pressing team like Silsbee.  With him out, it's going to be a very tough row to hoe for the Hawks.  For HJ to have any chance they need to slow this game WAY down, and give Roberts a chance to dominate down low and Saladin a chance to get open as they work through their offense.  They need to score baskets and not allow Silsbee to break, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to stay out of the press, except maybe sporadically for change of pace, and make silsbee beat you out of a halfcourt set.  For HJ to win this game, the score needs to stay in the high 50s or low 60s IMO, but my opinion doesn't count for much, and no doubt the game plan that Coach Davis has for the Hawks will be infinitely better than anything i just came up with.