2016-2017 Kountze Football

thenewguy10

I have read a few things on here about the program. I want to know everyone's thoughts on next years football team. Did they lose a lot of guys from this year? Do they have any returners that should make noise? DO they have a chance of a playoff run next year or in the future? I am new to the area and really curious about the Lions. Please give your honest opinion. 

Well I certainly will not take a shot at Kountze for supporting Jesus, but I will say the biggest obstacle for Kountze Football is community support and a demand to make it a priority. Make it a priority like they do in other extra curricular activities. Kountze will have to rebuild over the next few years and participation is going to be an issue. In addition, having a small coaching staff in comparison does not bode well for a successful off season development program. Coach Joubert is doing what can with what he has...my question is how long he stays in the grinder??? After this year the talk is; even in Basketball there will be drop in Success. Kountze has probably lost 200 students in the past 8 years and that hurts your participation numbers and hurts your finances as that corrilates to around a million dollar loss with no tax base to make it up. 

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Most of the Kountze posters hang out in the basketball forums.

Kountze hasn't had a lot of success over the years, which is even more disappointing considering that they had D1 Baylor commit Grayland Arnold.  

They support Jesus, not necessarily the football team.  

Wow.. 

I think it's a tough situation over there in Kountze. I hope for the sake of the kids, they get things turned around but I don't believe the current coaching staff including the AD will stay around waiting for the right things to be done in order to make their job better, easier and worthwhile.

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 1:57 PM, MOSSHILL said:

I think it's a tough situation over there in Kountze. I hope for the sake of the kids, they get things turned around but I don't believe the current coaching staff including the AD will stay around waiting for the right things to be done in order to make their job better, easier and worthwhile.

I keep waiting for Joubert to decide to move on. As long as he was basketball only, I thought he'd stay forever. Now that he is venturing into football coaching, why in the world would he want to be in Kountze? Someone will give him a shot because he is a heck of a coach.