Beaumont Ozen 51 Beaumont Central 48/Final

WOSgrad

9 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

What does Bush have this year?  I know they are bigger,  do they have guard play? 

They have some good, young guards.  But overall, better than either Beaumont team IMO. I didn't see the game last night but was at the first district matchup.   Neither team looked like they were prepared to make a deep run.  Folks at the game tonight would have to weigh in on whether either or both look much improved.  

Tray Gib was a monster tonight early, but I'm so confused in why central never pressured Ozen the whole game while Ozen pressured Central....  Ozen dictated the slow tempo of the game all night.  Central missed a lot of 3 pointers and missed about 12 free throws, but one of Ozen's big guns missed literally like 10 layups.  Uncharacteristic for this young man.  But Boyd took over late and put it away late...  Good win for Ozen.  Now let's go win in the playoffs and hopefully these two can dance again...

Boyd played great. Centrals shooters couldn't hit any threes till towards the end of the 4th. Great game for Jakobe Dill SOPHMORE for Central. Ozen played with urgency every possession and Central didn't seem focused ever second of the game. And against a team like Ozen that will hurt. Good game to watch though. Good luck to ol both teams as the season goes forward. 

7 hours ago, Who That said:

Bush will smash Ozen. 

And you say that because Bush smashed Silsbee by 30 stop the foolishness. EVERY year you guys say the same thing and the outcome never changes. Ozen is battle tested their problem isnt with Houston teams. And Central would also handle anyone out of that district. I respect Bush they have a very good coach and a solid team but Ozen has better guard play. Imo Elkins is a better team they mirror Ozen. 

if it wasn't for a few mental lapses and POOR officiating . Ozen doubles up Central tonight easily. But a win is a win. S/O to Trey Gip, Tyleor Broussard,and Josh Boyd they played great tonight . Funny thing ppl in the stands kept saying #0 is too small but every game he plays he keeps silencing the naysayers. Kid is a dog on the court , size doesnt matter when you have that trait in you. 

4 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

And you say that because Bush smashed Silsbee by 30 stop the foolishness. EVERY year you guys say the same thing and the outcome never changes. Ozen is battle tested their problem isnt with Houston teams. And Central would also handle anyone out of that district. I respect Bush they have a very good coach and a solid team but Ozen has better guard play. Imo Elkins is a better team they mirror Ozen. 

So what are you saying they will smash Ozen by 40 ?

Can district play get wrapped up before hateration start selecting second round opponents to attempt to dethrone an already successful season experienced by Ozen,Central and Nederland. Put Bush, Elkins and whoever on the back burner.Support our local teams stop hating. Its all speculation at this point who plays who in the playoffs. Good luck to all 22-5A playoff teams....

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The real question will be when these two teams remain tied for 1st in district, will they flip a coin for #1 seed or play seed game?

If i were a gambling person my money would be on no 4th game to decide seeding. Only possible meeting this season will be if im correct is region 3 finals.....So flipping with be the call if it comes to that. Still 3 district games to play,crazy stuff happens.....

47 minutes ago, JustUs said:

Can district play get wrapped up before hateration start selecting second round opponents to attempt to dethrone an already successful season experienced by Ozen,Central and Nederland. Put Bush, Elkins and whoever on the back burner.Support our local teams stop hating. Its all speculation at this point who plays who in the playoffs. Good luck to all 22-5A playoff teams....

This ^^^^^^

3 hours ago, Who That said:

So what are you saying they will smash Ozen by 40 ?

You would like that huh man stop with the hate you making yourself look foolish... Ozen biggest lost was 17 and the was due to fouling at the end of a game. How many til times did Silsbee eat that 30 piece nugget?  Dont get happy over beating everyone in that district by 40 ... Only competitive team is HJ ... Remember you cant press everybody and shoot 30 threes a game. 

2 hours ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The real question will be when these two teams remain tied for 1st in district, will they flip a coin for #1 seed or play seed game?

I don't think they would want to potentially play five times. But the bush game looms large as the biggest test for both teams.