Hardin-Jefferson 58 Bridge City 50/Final

WOSgrad

Just now, ST413 said:

A big part of determining any outcome depends on how well the Tigers respond having Grubbs back on the court.  He plays a big part for the Tigers and I am sure will be pumped up to get back on the court.

Coaches been saying Grubbs will come out like a caged animal. I expect Tre to have a great game that Friday night.

26 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

With no parquet... Probably around 15-16. I think.  It's a tough one. They didn't have him for much of the first game, plus Saladin was off, and they kept it closer than that IN Silsbee.  but Silsbee is really, really good, and you're talking about HJ's best player at handling their pressure defense not playing 

So, if I were to put line at -14 Silsbee, who do you take?

BTW, the result of HJ's game against LC-M Tuesday night will have somewhat of an effect on the line for Silsbee game Friday night.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So, if I were to put line at -14 Silsbee, who do you take?

BTW, the result of HJ's game against LC-M Tuesday night will have somewhat of an effect on the line for Silsbee game Friday night.

No clue.  Silsbee is 20 points better on paper with no parquet in the lineup, but you can always throw out the paper when these two play.  HJ actually trimmed the margin nicely in their last meeting after he went out hurt.  

Just now, ST413 said:

Do you really feel HJ only has about a 1 in 5 chance of winning?

I don't know how that equates to winning percentages, but I was thinking 15 points without Eli.   But I wouldn't be shocked either by an HJ win and thought they had a great shot at winning the one at home before the injuries.  Goes back to depth.  Silsbee is deep enough to compensate for an injury or a grades absence, especially in district.  HJ has some depth but losing a Saladin or a Parquet or a Roberts is tough to overcome against Silsbee.  But if Saladin and Roberts both have outstanding games with key contributors, who knows?

Between these two those rankings mean absolutely nothing.  Sure I can see the reasons but how many times have we seen a game between these two where one one by a margin that made you feel they were clearly ahead of the other.  Or that they would beat the other 4 out of 5 times.  I can say if you look at the first half of several of the last games I would feel like that but then if you look at the end result, I might change my mind.  Go back to the buzzer beater in Silsbee coming into that point of the year, you had the feeling HJ was clearly out front at the end of the year you had the feeling it was much closer.  That seems to be the norm.  I have been waiting to see the Tigers finish off one of these games the last few years maintaining the big lead but it hasn't happened.  So yes I could see and may even agree with the view of a 20 to 25% chance but really don't have much faith in that.

One thing I would like to see....

With this Tiger team against HJ I would like to see them finish in a strong and overwhelming fashion.

Not to embarrass or make a statement of some sort, but to exercise some demons and to understand that to win the 'Ship, they

MUST FINISH EVERY TEAM FROM NOW ON.

No exceptions. No let up.  Be dominant like they can be and not be afraid to lose.  Heart & Soul.

jmo