Hull-Daisetta Bobcats

H-D BOBCAT 55

Which two teams finish the regular season on top?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which two teams finish the regular season on top?

• Iola & Evadale
    • Iola & HD
    • Evadale & Iola
    • HD & Evadale

So HD joins Iola, Evadale, Colmesneil, Burkeville and Sabine Pass in District 12-2A-II.

I feel like Iola, Evadale and HD will fight it out for the District title. Iola is coming off a strong playoff season, while Evadale has been respectable in the last few years. HD on the other hand, took a nose dive in a tough District the last few years, after winning back to back District Championships. HD now has a good returning seasoned crop of Juniors, that were thrown into the fire as starters their Freshman year. HD's Junior RB Dalton Robinett is a game changer when he gets going. Robinett has good size and speed, with freakish athleticism. HD's Senior DE Kyle Rayon is a bull of a player, kid plays with grit. HD will have to cut down on turnovers and improve it's offensive attack from a year ago. HD showed glimpses of good things to come, when under center and not in the pistol last season.

The bottom line is, will HD continue evolving the pistol, or maybe go with a misdirection offense that compliments it's personnel? At any rate, HD with all-time low numbers, will benefit no longer playing the larger 2A power houses like Lovelady and Centerville.

4 hours ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

So HD joins Iola, Evadale, Colmesneil, Burkeville and Sabine Pass in District 12-2A-II.

I feel like Iola, Evadale and HD will fight it out for the District title. Iola is coming off a strong playoff season, while Evadale has been respectable in the last few years. HD on the other hand, took a nose dive in a tough District the last few years, after winning back to back District Championships. HD now has a good returning seasoned crop of Juniors, that were thrown into the fire as starters their Freshman year. HD's Junior RB Dalton Robinett is a game changer when he gets going. Robinett has good size and speed, with freakish athleticism. HD's Senior DE Kyle Rayon is a bull of a player, kid plays with grit. HD will have to cut down on turnovers and improve it's offensive attack from a year ago. HD showed glimpses of good things to come, when under center and not in the pistol last season.

The bottom line is, will HD continue evolving the pistol, or maybe go with a misdirection offense that compliments it's personnel? At any rate, HD with all-time low numbers, will benefit no longer playing the larger 2A power houses like Lovelady and Centerville.

How can the Bobcats compete in this district with a coach that you personally are trying to run off?

6 hours ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

well...well...well...

Look who's back.  It's a funny thing...I actually knew you'd come back around as soon as I saw the district alignments.  I actually think HD will get out of this district.  Whether or not they win it I have no clue.  Honestly, every school in the district has the potential any given year to be the worst team in football.  So who knows.

I am with AAW though...didn't you guys organize a petition to run Hodges out of town?  

11 hours ago, jv_coach said:

Interesting.  Cant believe this post isn't getting more attention.  I make a comment about a team being bad and the board lights up like a Christmas tree.  Sabine Pass gets labeled the "one act gay mecca of effeminate dudes"...and nothing.

Note to self.  Better to call a group of kids effeminate than bad.  Got it.

18 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Interesting.  Cant believe this post isn't getting more attention.  I make a comment about a team being bad and the board lights up like a Christmas tree.  Sabine Pass gets labeled the "one act gay mecca of effeminate dudes"...and nothing.

Agreed. But it's likely no mods saw it yet, since very few care about H-D. That's why there is a report post link at the top of each post.

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

I thought the same thing this morning. I was waiting for a Mod to come across it. 

6 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

For once, we couldn't agree more.  I have never seen you post a single thing half as bad as this..

I got called out by "big dog" (something or another) one time for "making personal   attacks" when I called a guy lazy.  Essentially...

This has been up almost 10 hours and nothing.

Guy calls a bunch of kids gay, a society the gay Mecca...  Good lord.  Let's keep in mind this is the same guy that called the Colmesneil Supt some names last week sometime.

Guy really cares about some 2A ball.

Anyways, Evadale and Iola run away with this district.  

Sabine Pass may make the playoffs... But who ever does gets bounced in the 1st Round.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 6:05 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

How can the Bobcats compete in this district with a coach that you personally are trying to run off?

Gotta love when the Director of this site accuses folks of stuff... Last I heard about 70% of HD was leading in that effort you speak of. All I know are the facts, I seen with my own eyes the last 3 regimes at HD had over 50 kids turn out for 2 a days, this current regime had over 45 kids I counted myself, show up the first day of practice two seasons ago, a month later only roughly 25 kids remained. That my friend is a problem, along with no JV team both seasons under this current regime. Having no JV means having no future. Someone made a moot point in regards to our JH participation numbers in the past, being the cause of our current low football numbers in High School. That theory doesn't make any sense, proof in point, HD now has one of the largest bands in our area for the Schools's size, funny thing is 90% of those band members never participated in band as JH kids... I counted 89 available boys in grades 9-12, only 28 elected to play football for this current regime last season. Eye opening. We have elected leaders and folks in places to help change our course for the better, will they do whats right or forever be connected to the downward spiral of HD football...

P.S. For the record I have nothing personal against our current regime. I actually campaigned for them to be here, although when expectations are not, accountability must be upheld. We are the gatekeepers... No matter what I love my Bobcats, Go Cats!!!! HD Nation!!!

9 hours ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

Gotta love when the Director of this site accuses folks of stuff... Last I heard about 70% of HD was leading in that effort you speak of. All I know are the facts, I seen with my own eyes the last 3 regimes at HD had over 50 kids turn out for 2 a days, this current regime had over 45 kids I counted myself, show up the first day of practice two seasons ago, a month later only roughly 25 kids remained. That my friend is a problem, along with no JV team both seasons under this current regime. Having no JV means having no future. Someone made a moot point in regards to our JH participation numbers in the past, being the cause of our current low football numbers in High School. That theory doesn't make any sense, proof in point, HD now has one of the largest bands in our area for the Schools's size, funny thing is 90% of those band members never participated in band as JH kids... I counted 89 available boys in grades 9-12, only 28 elected to play football for this current regime last season. Eye opening. We have elected leaders and folks in places to help change our course for the better, will they do whats right or forever be connected to the downward spiral of HD football...

P.S. For the record I have nothing personal against our current regime. I actually campaigned for them to be here, although when expectations are not, accountability must be upheld. We are the gatekeepers... No matter what I love my Bobcats, Go Cats!!!! HD Nation!!!

I am not sure about that. Almost everyone I have spoken to on the topic are supporters of Hodges. Lots of people like the way he is leading the program, and simply believe that it will take more time. I keep asking one question that no one can answer. If Hodges is run out of town, will HD be able to find anyone better? At least Hodges wants to be in HD, and it feels like he has an investment in the community. HD won't be able to go out and land another coach like Finney. Case in point, look at the other finalists when Hodges got the job. It will always be a first year head coach that doesn't intend to invest, and may not even be able to coach. The reason the band is so large is because our band director has chosen to invest and build relationships in the district and with the kids. No one tried to run him off when during his first few years when the band was small and unimpressive. That is the reason for the band's success, and will also be the reason for further football success. If we keep a two year revolving door on the position, and keep running off coaches because they don't run the offense we think they should run, we will never achieve the level of investment that it takes to build a program. At the end of the day, after all of this petition stuff, Hodges may choose to leave for his own good. When that happens, I am really hoping the next guy is a home run. If not, lots of people may be looking back and wishing they would've left the man alone.

10 hours ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

Couple things.  I highlighted the areas I want to address.

You see....if this group of high school players had to use 6th graders in Junior High...then there is no surprise at all that there isn't a JV team.  Why would there be?  If they had to use 6th graders in JH...then there weren't enough kids.  By the way...the former "regimes" that you speak of are the staffs that had 6th graders playing football.  What happened...kids didn't want to play for those guys?

Next: Largest band?  Ever think that may be the reason the football team numbers are down?  I sure know that makes sense to me.  How many kids were in band when the football team had these 50 players or so?  Hmm..And also...isn't HD's enrollment like the lowest it's ever been?  You guys dropped in division...so the enrollment is definitely down.

Lastly:  28 out of 89?  That's 31%...that's probably as good or better than any school in the area for certain.  How many do you expect to play?  89 boys...if 50 played that's over half.  You can count the schools in the state on 1 hand where half of the boys in the school play football.

You guys better be glad you have Hodges....just how long do you think the list is of people that want to be there?  The UIL has granted you a chance to make the playoffs with that team...and you have a coach that wants to be there.  Well...did anyway.  Who knows with all this petition crap.  Not sure I'd hang around for that.  Anyway...better leave well enough alone.

I think the board needs to make some changes. For one, appointing Bobcat 55 as Assistant to the Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator. Hodges clearly don't know what offense to run. That pistol idea?? Joke. Mr. 55 can probably teach them boys how to run the Read option in a few days. He probably has some key suggestions on defense that could turn that unit around as well. HD has undeniable talent at almost all 22 position. No reason to lose another game. 

On 2/3/2016 at 0:30 PM, oldschool2 said:

Offended good

Yall seem to be missing the point and principle of the matter. Let me answer a few of your questions and break this topic down with facts, not assumptions.

Under the Barbay regime:

HD had over 50 kids show up for the first day of 2 a days. (Grades 9th-12th total)

HD had over 50 kids still participating at the start of the football season. JV & Varsity teams.  

Under the Slack regime:

HD had over 50 kids show up for the first day of 2 a days. (Grades 9th-12th total)

HD had over 50 kids still participating at the start of the football season. JV & Varsity teams. 

Under the Finney regime:

Under the Hodges regimes first season:

HD had over 40 kids show up for 2 a days (admitted lower numbers). (Grades 9th-12th total)

HD had a mere 25 kids still participating at the start of the football season. No JV team.

Under the Hodges regimes second season:

HD had roughly 25 kids show up to 2 a days. (Grades 9th-12th total)

HD had roughly 20 kids still participating at the start of the football season. No JV team again.

Here are the numbers broke down per grades:

Available Freshman boys: 17 total, only 7 participated.

Available Sophomore boys: 20, only 8 participated.

Available Junior boys: 24, only 4 participated.

Available Senior boys: 28 only 8 participated.

That breaks down to 89 total boys available in grades 9th-12th, only 27 participated, with 62 choosing to not participate.

Now that we see the current regime, was handed basically the same ingredients the prior regimes had, why are all these kids walking away from the program. It's not uncommon to have a turnover rate, but not at this drastic of a number.

Now to answer direct questions: 

Scatright question: "If we keep a two year revolving door on the position, and keep running off coaches because they don't run the offense we think they should run, we will never achieve the level of investment that it takes to build a program".

You missed the point totally, it has nothing to do with an offense, it's all about having a future at HD for our kids. The number up top should be alarming for all true Bobcats. No JV for 2 seasons straight kills our future, and strips young kids of their reps to get better, along with enjoying the game of football. Most eye opening is why are our young children choosing to walk away... I hope HD has a JV this season, I hope HD has a winning season under Hodges. Realistically HD could go 2-8 again and have a third season with no JV team. Bottom line is, I want to see our kids excited again and chomping at the bit to play football, to enjoy life as a student athlete, making life memories.

Old school, at HD 27 kids total in grades 9th-12th coming out is very uncommon and unacceptable... Oh and Scatright, there is and will always be interest in Coaching at HD.

I

Just come on over to Hardin and close those HD doors.

May never catch up on that all time win/loss (8 - 45 all time)  but if we consolidate now, we get the last laugh, but look at the positive.....we both get to move on and provide great opportunity for those wonderful kids over at HD with a program on the rise with good participation numbers and a heck of a coach.

We don't have any horsemen, but we have some hard workin' donkeys.

That is a great offer MossHill thanks!!!!!!Unfortunately not many will take the offer....There has been some good comments on this subject and all have been valid but we are all just fans doing what fans do..H-D is not what it once was no matter how much we wish otherwise and probably never will be again..There is not many great coaches beating  the door down anymore it is the sad truth.You have to give a coach time to build a program is true but when do you say his ideas are not working if you do not show results in any job you usually don't have one. No I am not a coach and would  not make a good one. To many people to please and to many that you can not please no matter what. I think we may make the playoffs this year in one of the bottom slots and hope that we go further as I do every year.I will be at the games cheering on my Bobcats either way.I know that Bobcat55 is a true fan and wants whats best for these kids same as every other fan wants for their team.I guess what I am trying to say is we all have our opinions (the one about Sabine Pass was just a little much but it was an opinion) and we as fans are not always gonna agree on whats best for a program and that is what makes the USA a great place !!!!!!!Texas High School Football is the greatest and if you have had the chance to experience it even if you lost every game you will still remember it with fondness...

1 hour ago, DAWG said:

That is a great offer MossHill thanks!!!!!!Unfortunately not many will take the offer....There has been some good comments on this subject and all have been valid but we are all just fans doing what fans do..H-D is not what it once was no matter how much we wish otherwise and probably never will be again..There is not many great coaches beating  the door down anymore it is the sad truth.You have to give a coach time to build a program is true but when do you say his ideas are not working if you do not show results in any job you usually don't have one. No I am not a coach and would  not make a good one. To many people to please and to many that you can not please no matter what. I think we may make the playoffs this year in one of the bottom slots and hope that we go further as I do every year.I will be at the games cheering on my Bobcats either way.I know that Bobcat55 is a true fan and wants whats best for these kids same as every other fan wants for their team.I guess what I am trying to say is we all have our opinions (the one about Sabine Pass was just a little much but it was an opinion) and we as fans are not always gonna agree on whats best for a program and that is what makes the USA a great place !!!!!!!Texas High School Football is the greatest and if you have had the chance to experience it even if you lost every game you will still remember it with fondness...

This actually may be the best post I've read in a while.