Tentative Pre District Matchups

WOSgrad

Can some teams please grow some juevos and stop saying no to WOS?? Its getting a little rediculous. Win or lose, playing a team like that only makes you better! Are these coaches (not the ones with schedule conflicts of course) more worried about their W/L, or making their kids better! I mean dang, lets just start calling 6A teams. Would we win? Probably not but atleast we could have 10 games and get better as a team.

I hate to see this happen and not fair to those boys that might play 8 or 9 games. I really pray and hopefully that they can find someone 10 games instead 8 or 9 games.

I notice that Brownwood open week which is week 6 so how about that?

Brownwood schedule:

Aug. 26 Canyon (at Lubbock Cooper)

Sept. 2 at Graham

Sept. 9 Liberty Hill

Sept. 16 Alvarado

Sept. 23 Giddings (at Mary Hardin-Baylor)

Sept. 30 OPEN

Oct. 7 Abilene Wylie*

Oct. 14 at Stephenville*

Oct. 21 OPEN

Oct. 28 Big Spring*

Nov. 4 at Snyder*

Also, please explain why Jasper not play against WOS? I am sorry if I missed the message. 

I agree with kicker's message. It is not matter to play who so it is all about improve the game and prepare for district plus playoffs as well. Let's hope and see. 

22 hours ago, WOS1986 said:

I notice that Brownwood open week which is week 6 so how about that?

Brownwood schedule:

Sept. 23 Giddings (at Mary Hardin-Baylor)

Sept. 30 OPEN

Oct. 7 Abilene Wylie*

Oct. 14 at Stephenville*

2 reasons:

A. They are playing a neutral site game the week before, so 2 neutral games in a row could be costly to the groups that run concession as well as athletic budgets.

B. Look at the 2 games after that. Both of those games are going to be down to the wire physical games that will take their toll on both the minds and the bodies of the players and even coaches. Add WOS to those equals insanity.

2 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Yes it should. They went 12 and 1 and 13 and 1 year before. They been beat twice in the playoffs by Argyle. Ill probably make the trip to watch this game

All I can say is they better bring it! Not being cocky but this next season has the potential to arguably be the best team since '87 if not ever. Saying that about a team from WOS with all the history is crazy. Im pretty sure the Kennedale folks arent too thrilled about this matchup. LOL

On February 11, 2016 at 4:43 PM, kicker said:
33 minutes ago, kicker said:

All I can say is they better bring it! Not being cocky but this next season has the potential to arguably be the best team since '87 if not ever. Saying that about a team from WOS with all the history is crazy. Im pretty sure the Kennedale folks arent too thrilled about this matchup. LOL

Oh I'm sure it will be a good game. Im sure y'all will get all the intel about  Kennedale before playing them. I like how WOS does pick good opponents  to play in pre district it will only  make them better in the playoffs.

Edited by LCM17

41 minutes ago, kicker said:

'87 was a different classification....Crazy 

3 hours ago, LastCall said:

They have the top LB in the state who also plays on offense.  He's 6'4 230 and has offers from around the country.  It'll take more than him to beat WOS, but they are a pretty good program, and I'm sure he's not the only good player, he's just the best.

Kennedale also has a 300+lb defensive tackle who would probably be one of the tops in the state at his position if he was a couple of inches taller, he's pretty much unblockable on the 4A level and I believe he was the defensive MVP of their district. They also have a 6-3/6-4 defensive end who I would compare to little lighter version of A&M signee, Alton Robinson out of Converse Judson. I remember when I looked at Argyle's path that Kennedale also had another sophomore that also went about 300lbs on the defensive line.

They lost both of their backs who combined for over 4,200 rushing yards last year but I'm pretty sure they have a couple of other kids they can plug in to rush for 1,500-2,000 yards apiece in that offense they run. They just can't get past Argyle right now.