Tentative Pre District Matchups

WOSgrad

9 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

nobody wants to play WO-S

Well, we need to take a step back as to when it comes to why WO-S is having difficulty finding opponents for Weeks 5 and 6.  At that point, it becomes more about availability rather than desire.  For example, ALL of the SETX districts from 6A to 4A-DI either start or will already have started district play in Week 5 and they will likely have already completed their pre-district schedules. 

With the exception of 8-4A-II,11-4A-II and 12-4A-II (WO-S' district), all area districts will begin district play no later than Week 6.

As to Navasota, I too would LOVE to see that game.  And I know that Navasota has never run away from a good predistrict fight.  But again the problem is the Rattlers' availability as they are in 10-4A-I, one of those districts that begin district play in Week 5.  Perhaps Rattler99 can shed some light on the current state of their schedule (come on in....YOUR PART OF THE FAMILY NOW!!!).

34 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, we need to take a step back as to when it comes to why WO-S is having difficulty finding opponents for Weeks 5 and 6.  At that point, it becomes more about availability rather than desire.  For example, ALL of the SETX districts from 6A to 4A-DI either start or will already have started district play in Week 5 and they will likely have already completed their pre-district schedules. 

With the exception of 8-4A-II,11-4A-II and 12-4A-II (WO-S' district), all area districts will begin district play no later than Week 6.

As to Navasota, I too would LOVE to see that game.  And I know that Navasota has never run away from a good predistrict fight.  But again the problem is the Rattlers' availability as they are in 10-4A-I, one of those districts that begin district play in Week 5.  Perhaps Rattler99 can shed some light on the current state of their schedule (come on in....YOUR PART OF THE FAMILY NOW!!!).

As soon as I hear anything, I will update.

9 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

If WOS doesnot fill those spots then in theory we will have two open games, correct. That is good and bad, good to heal up before district and bad for we would get a little rusty.

Would still have a bye week during district. Would leave them just playing 8 games in 11 week schedule.

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Would still have a bye week during district. Would leave them just playing 8 games in 11 week schedule.

I can see that happening with such a small district and the travel arrangements needed to play some teams and the distance as well. Shame the uil does not figure that into their thinking.