Pitchers 2016

Nederland should have enough pitchers on there team to have a pitching staff from what I am hearing

Sr- Kody Kolb, Eric Bankston, Jacob Jones, Austin Krautz, Zach Friesz, Brock Fenn

JR- Chase Kemp, Caine Williams, Austin Junot, Brendon Dunkelberger, Connor McGrath, Burke Badon

Sph- Brayden Creduer

And that does not include any of the New kids that may make the teams.

Barbers Hill has  SR Lefty Brian Taylor (Nicholls State) that is still in Basketball, JR  Bryce Bonin hitting 90-92 MPH just not a lot of experience on the mound normally a position player SS,  They have a hand full of underclassman that will buy innings and hopefully find a couple of potential starters.   If they can find 3 more arms to get innings, (which they have) they will be fine in pitching.  They will have a crafty lefty, and a  90 plus throwing RHP, with some decent arms behind them, they will be fine,  

1 hour ago, IKNOWTHEGAME said:

BH11, How hard does the Taylor boy throw? He must have a good arm since he has already signed. Does he hit well or will he be DH for in college?

Not 100% sure, would say sits on 85, tops around 87 is a lefty,   He hits OK for high school, but doubt he will in college, he plays outfield when not pitching

4 hours ago, GCMinTheFuture said:

Anyone know how Austin UpShaw for Laporte has been doing. I think he is Verbally committed to play at Nebraska. Plan on making it over there to watch a game or two of his.

Committed to Nebraska for baseball, but first love is football,  I heard he would give up Nebraska for football somewhere , plays QB for LP, 3 yr starter.  Great athlete, plays 2nd, but would be so much better in outfield.  Nephew of Gene Upshaw, old Oakland Raider Hall of Famer

High Island has 2 very good pitchers:

Ethan McAlpin, SR. - Solid control, throws low to mid 80's. Above avg middle INF. Power hitter. 3 sport athlete

Zach Bronkhorst, JR. - Power pitcher with 4 pitches. Throws 89-93mph. High avg hitter with outstanding speed. Excellent SS. 3 sport athlete - being recruited in both football and baseball.

6 hours ago, joebob said:

When I saw him he was low 80s....he is a crafty lefty which is what got him signed.

Like I said was not 100%, but you are correct, low 80s majority of the time, but heard he topped 85 this summer,  was told that yesterday afternoon.   Bonnin is living at 88-90 , topped 92 last week, hit it  3 times, problem is he has never really pitched, always played the field and nobody knew he could throw that hard until recently.   Once he learns how to pitch, and only being a JR, could be very effective in the future for BH.  So you will see 2 totally ends of the spectrum when playing BH with Bonnin and Taylor.  Was impressed by some of the arms in the scrimmage as well, so think BH will be fine.  Just need to get Taylor out of Basketball and back on the mound.

20 hours ago, coachbronk said:

Ethan McAlpin, SR. - Solid control, throws low to mid 80's. Above avg middle INF. Power hitter. 3 sport athlete

Zach Bronkhorst, JR. - Power pitcher with 4 pitches. Throws 89-93mph. High avg hitter with outstanding speed. Excellent SS. 3 sport athlete - being recruited in both football and baseball.

Dang, 89-93, he is probably getting several good looks with that velo.  Know a couple of kids in that grade throwing that hard that have already committed to major D-1s.  Best of luck this season, and look forward to catching a few games of yalls this season.

On 2/10/2016 at 9:10 AM, coachbronk said:

That district has probably never seen that kind of velo.

17 hours ago, BH11 said:

Like I said was not 100%, but you are correct, low 80s majority of the time, but heard he topped 85 this summer,  was told that yesterday afternoon.   Bonnin is living at 88-90 , topped 92 last week, hit it  3 times, problem is he has never really pitched, always played the field and nobody knew he could throw that hard until recently.   Once he learns how to pitch, and only being a JR, could be very effective in the future for BH.  So you will see 2 totally ends of the spectrum when playing BH with Bonnin and Taylor.  Was impressed by some of the arms in the scrimmage as well, so think BH will be fine.  Just need to get Taylor out of Basketball and back on the mound.

Yep that will make a good combination if bonin can throw strikes. I would make him my closer, just have him have to get 3-6 outs at the end of game by throwing gas.