Angel Bullock

For the life of me, I can't fathom why this young man is unsigned. He's had exposure, he's performed, he's proven and his stats do not lie.

I've seen this young man play in 25-30 games and even in off nights shooting the rock, he makes his team special by doing the little things.

If you are on this site and have college connections, take a few minutes and let those that may not know how special he truly is.

I talked to Gabe again last night and it's really starting to upset him and he's questioning everything. It makes no sense to me.

There are kids in the area that are getting looks at D-1 schools that Angel can walk in circles around in many aspects of the game.

Somethings are not meant to be, but for this kid to get this deep into his senior year without an offer or phone call, is absurd.

Some of you are thinking, well he's on the Res. They don't leave the Res. That's false. This family leaves the Res and that's proven.

Gabe's oldest son is a Senior at Oklahoma  so that's not an excuse. He's told me many times, he'd play ANYWHERE in the nation.

I'm not asking for an explanation as to why. We all know he's goo enough. If you can, do your part in sharing with those that may not know that can change the status quo.

I hear you. I've seen a lot of basketball in the area this year. For me he is hands down the best ball handling, vision, shooting guard i have seen. Oh and he shoots lights out from the perimeter. I can see the height thing for Duke. Not Lamar, Sam because he has played AAU top notch competition for the last 3 years and quite frankly puts on a clinic against the best in the state. His defense is what people don't notice most often. He creates a ton of turnovers. 

As far as his play, it's hard for me to say a kid his caliber wouldn't fit on at least a low level d1.  if for no other reason than a situational player.  Lots of these teams have players that average just a few minutes a game.  His shooting alone should warrant that with someone.

1 hour ago, pallacanestro said:

Why is everyone obsessed with the D1 title?  To me if a kid is blessed enough to play at any level and get it paid for then what else can you ask for?  

Totally agree.

Nothing wrong with starting at a JC or Community College and go from there.

Juco would be the best to start in my opinion. Absolutely one of the best players I've seen in awhile within the area. Plus college hits you like a brick education wise, a lot different from H.S especially coming out of a smaller school.                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Angel has superb grades and is a very bright, hard working young man.  Small school town synopsis doesn't fit his mold. He's in OU all fall with his older brother who is graduating early with 2 degrees. The kid will excel on the court & in the classroom. He's not JUCO caliber but it's a start if that's the case. Anywhere is better than nowhere, right. 

There is a lot of talent in the JUCO level.  Most of those there are grade casualties.  A year or two back, I would have taken Lamar Pt Arthur over Lamar University all day.  

He would best be served finding something at the DII level.  It's all about size and quickness.  Garth has a much bigger frame than Bullock.  

I think size may be the problem.

And please stop saying "not good enough for D1..but maybe juco or D2".  There is a TON of talent on every level of college athletics.  I'll admit there is a significant drop off most of the time..especially in terms of size and athleticism..  But coaches on those level are trying to recruit the best possible players too.  Colleges beat teams in higher classifications every year.

Let me know if I may be of assistance....I have never seen the kid play, and have barely heard of him. What school does he play for? What is his natural position? Stats? Grades? Class rank? Summer ball program? See how this stuff goes, people? Its not rocket science, but kids that can play come a dime a dozen to coaches on the Division I level...However, kids that are talented enough to play at the next level, CAN be placed at a college or university SOMEWHERE, FOR FREE...My guys (college coaches that I know) trust my assessments of players and ask me about guys around here ALL OF THE TIME. San Jacinto JC coach called me while he was in town yesterday playing Lamar State, for example, and asked me if I knew any "sleepers" in the area...Not name dropping, but letting you guys know, that don't know, how this all works.  Again, I'm all for helping kids...so let me know.

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I ll reach out to some people. 

I know when I was at Lamar we had Bobby Manheimer(from a Navajo res in AZ) who could shoot the rock. And Angel is an all around better player than Bobby and Bobby had some success at Lamar. 

Angel is a hidden gym....

That was 40 years ago. The recruting game has changed since then :)