TO GOOD TO PLAY

Hagar

I'd like to add another perspective...

When my kid was little he played Little Dribblers basketball.  There was one kid on the team that, while the same age, far exceeded all other kids on the team, and the league, for that matter.  I talked with his Dad; he was getting nothing out of this excercise, and the rest of the team wasn't  either. If the minature Larry Bird stayed with the team, we would've won every single game and all got a trophy. Instead, he moved on, and we were a mediocre team at best, but all the kids got a chance to learn and play. That's what the league is for..  so kids can learn and play. I kinda feel the same with this news story. At that level, winning isn't the most important thing.

I don't know how old the little dribblers were but this story is about high school aged girls. 

This year in football Nederland got beaten in the second round of the football playoffs 63-30. Was it a flubbed game by Nederland or was George Ranch that good?

They won the state championship game by a score of 56-0. Imagine a team good enough to go against the final team left standing in the state and beat them like they were a junior high school team. 

I think maybe Nederland was cheated along with all the other schools because they played a team that was too talented and coached. 

Let's strip GR of their championship, they should have been denied playing as they were too good. Fair enough?

Oh yeah, while we are at it, every team that made the playoffs needs a state championship trophy...... 

Sorry but when they reach high school age, there is no excuse for kicking teams out. Five and six year olds? I can understand that to a point. 

tvc, of course you are right. I'm thinking that high school sports are just games, and kids are there to learn. Truthfully, high school sports are a business with jobs, careers and scholarships depending on the outcome of children's sports and games. Kinda Pollyanna on my part...