Beaumont Ozen

LCMAlumtiger32

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

I only missed the Nederland game so I must have missed the low varsity numbers for Central.  It only takes 11 on offense and 11 on defense plus special teams.  There was really only one kid that played both sides of the ball and that was Bennett who started at FS and played some WR.  I don't have my roster right in front of me but if my memory serves me correct, there were 23 seniors, 12 juniors and 6 sophomores on varsity.  That's only 41, 50 would be optimal but that's just more kids standing around.  I didn't make but one JV game but they finished 8-1 but had decent numbers on the sideline.  I made all the freshman games which had between 50 and 60 kids, until report cards came out...

Its more about depth.   In Ozen's case, if you have low numbers and start racking up injuries or people missing due to grades, sickness etc.  it makes it pretty hard to compete.  See WOS, Silsbee and Jasper in the early 2000's before they dropped.

11 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Playing devils advocate here...  There was no argument when for years the inner city Houston ISD schools have opted up to play 4a ball while consistently having 3a numbers....

Yes, but they were all in a district playing against each other, they didn't get their door blown off until they got to the playoffs.

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I read an article about the realignment and he was quoted as saying that he feels good about the decision because he is very familiar with the district opponents, including PA Memorial.  But that is what he was quoted as saying in the newspaper.  I don't know if someone else told him what to say....

Sounds like that is what he was supposed to say.  I bet if he was asked off the record, he'd say something else.  This is his lively hood.  Say if he goes 2-8 or 3-7 over the next 2 years, will he be around for the next realignment or will the Panther faithful run him off?

58 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Sounds like that is what he was supposed to say.  I bet if he was asked off the record, he'd say something else.  This is his lively hood.  Say if he goes 2-8 or 3-7 over the next 2 years, will he be around for the next realignment or will the Panther faithful run him off?

Want me to answer that on or off record?  Lol

3 hours ago, 87JAG said:

Ozen was Dr. Thomas' baby. Anything affiliated with him is the devil.   ~    SO THEY SAY 

Man please stop saying this Dr. Thomas is a KNOWN Central fan....his kids went to Central not Ozen! And you can say what you want about Dr. Thomas but as far as I know the district was in much better shape while he was Supt than it is now that's for sure.

13 hours ago, 87JAG said:

The incoming freshman numbers looked like a 3A program. Then, quite a few kids quit when they hired the new coach (thanks to some bitter assistants).

Flannigan has had 2 Freshman teams every year he's been the Bruins head coach. Hell he's had the numbers to have 5 total teams in his program. Varsity, JV a and b, and Freshman a and b. I will give him credit for that. The kids turn out to play for him. If he can find a good OC and the defensive staff keeps improving then the achievements will come.

Ok here is the run down on Ozen, Administration from the BISD School Board and Leaders From Thomas who actually created the school, too Lambert who pretty much had her hands on the dismantling of the Coaching Staff who finally had the program heading in the right directions tore down OZEN.. Thomas opened the school and Hired the Right Coach for the JOB (A. Louis) but he thought he could run Louis's program from the BIG HOUSE (Jerry Jones Style).. We all know how that ended after 4 straight playoff appearances and District Championship. After yrs of coaching changes and playoff droughts Jeff Nelson got a staff together w/ former players (Ed Taylor, Caleb Ceaser, Fred Strange) and coaches who could motivate and discipline kids (Tony Brown Sr., Malcolm Frank, the late John Clayton Jr.) kids and community came together for Nelson and they made probably one of the best runs in BISD in the past few yrs. knocking off and undefeated Barbers Hill, top 5 state ranked Brehnam, and lost a close regional semi final game to state ranked Lamarque.. then came back the next yr with less talent and again made play offs but that was too much for Lambert to deal with since she was PRO Central.. She went after Nelson since OZEN isnt whats suppose to be right in her eyes... OZEN has always been the district step child and the former Administration is to blame.. Almost forgot lets go ahead and bring in Magee and really send the program down the DRAIN    

12 minutes ago, ozens fastest@1906 said:

Ok here is the run down on Ozen, Administration from the BISD School Board and Leaders From Thomas who actually created the school, too Lambert who pretty much had her hands on the dismantling of the Coaching Staff who finally had the program heading in the right directions tore down OZEN.. Thomas opened the school and Hired the Right Coach for the JOB (A. Louis) but he thought he could run Louis's program from the BIG HOUSE (Jerry Jones Style).. We all know how that ended after 4 straight playoff appearances and District Championship. After yrs of coaching changes and playoff droughts Jeff Nelson got a staff together w/ former players (Ed Taylor, Caleb Ceaser, Fred Strange) and coaches who could motivate and discipline kids (Tony Brown Sr., Malcolm Frank, the late John Clayton Jr.) kids and community came together for Nelson and they made probably one of the best runs in BISD in the past few yrs. knocking off and undefeated Barbers Hill, top 5 state ranked Brehnam, and lost a close regional semi final game to state ranked Lamarque.. then came back the next yr with less talent and again made play offs but that was too much for Lambert to deal with since she was PRO Central.. She went after Nelson since OZEN isnt whats suppose to be right in her eyes... OZEN has always been the district step child and the former Administration is to blame.. Almost forgot lets go ahead and bring in Magee and really send the program down the DRAIN    

Some bold statements right there with some serious allegations.

Lambert went after Jeff Nelson cause he left her high and dry, not because of her love for Central. Nelson was in line to get the Central job but Lambert blocked it cause Nelson was her best math teacher at Central. After she blocked him, he left Central and went to teach math and coach on Stump's staff at West Brook. That's why she had it in for Nelson.

4 hours ago, ozens fastest@1906 said:

You said a mouth full as the old folks would say and it's all on point. Some cant handle the truth or dont want to believe the truth. Ozen football will continue to be sub par and the student athletes will continue to opt to go to Westbrook zoned or not. So the master plan is working like a charm.You wouldnt think on the high level this stuff would be going on lol,wake up and smell the coffee its for real...... jmo....Thanks Ozen fastest.

17 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ozen turned in 1,082. You saw that on UIL? Lemme look...

Yes, I was surprised this morning from the everything that has been said the past 4 months. The rank order lists Ozen as the 3rd smallest 5A football playing school after Splendora (1106) and Dunbar (872). Will move up to 4th in a couple of weeks when Fort Worth YMLA (127) & YMWA (144) are moved down from 6A.

1 hour ago, RaiderRed30 said:

Yes, I was surprised this morning from the everything that has been said the past 4 months. The rank order lists Ozen as the 3rd smallest 5A football playing school after Splendora (1106) and Dunbar (872). Will move up to 4th in a couple of weeks when Fort Worth YMLA (127) & YMWA (144) are moved down from 6A.

Send me that link from uil.  I looked on their website.  I assume that I'm missing it..