Allen HC Tom Westerberg to Barbers Hill

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

Wow big congrats to BH may not be the chump in the district anymore... BIG BIG Congrats you deserve this...

You can't run your X's and O's though without Jimmy's and Joe's.  Keeping and eye out on the move ins, that's the key in the first couple of years.  New Caney was a good example of that last year from this side.

9 hours ago, CougarCal said:

You can't run your X's and O's though without Jimmy's and Joe's.  Keeping and eye out on the move ins, that's the key in the first couple of years.  New Caney was a good example of that last year from this side.

I am curious as to which demographic you expect to "move in"? Do you think families from Allen will re-locate to Mt. Belvieu?

39 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

I am curious as to which demographic you expect to "move in"? Do you think families from Allen will re-locate to Mt. Belvieu?

No, but I would expect the buzz that surrounds this hire would have some local talent moving in the area now.  Plenty of jobs for Enterprise are posted, Targa, and OneOk.  If people don't the think that high school "recruiting" errrr relocating isn't happening then I think they are sadly mistaken.  Just look at what the guys did at New Caney last year with just a few new players.  

9 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

No, but I would expect the buzz that surrounds this hire would have some local talent moving in the area now.  Plenty of jobs for Enterprise are posted, Targa, and OneOk.  If people don't the think that high school "recruiting" errrr relocating isn't happening then I think they are sadly mistaken.  Just look at what the guys did at New Caney last year with just a few new players.  

Oh I am quite aware of recruiting. 

I am also aware that the average home price in Mt Belvieu is $226K. I just don't see a lot of people moving from the surrounding area to play at BH. There are plenty of successful programs in a 30 mile radius. But, we shall see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Are people really making Allen/BH comparisons? Lol that's ridiculous. Allen would be BH by 50 with or without Westerberg. This man has his reasons, so we can sit here and guess all we want about what those are, but I seriously doubt it's because of the quality of talent the Allen program has coming in lol wow. Smh.