TOM WESTERBERG HIRED AS NEW BARBERS HILL AD/HC!

3 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

You mean it's easier to win with lots of 3, 4, and 5 star recruits than no stars at all?  Interesting.  Seriously though, interesting to see if the move ins start happening.  Just for gp the other day my girlfriend was looking at houses in that area this past weekend.  Sticker price was $370K, ummmm okay.  Gonna need a little more affordable housing in that area.

Not sure why you quoted me. Its a 50/50 split for him.  He doesnt have the talent pool he had at Allen but he also will not be playing against teams he was playing there. But the teams he will be playing here have a better talent pool then he has at BH.

17 minutes ago, dayton said:

Someone from another school brought Crosby into the conversation by saying Crosby is over on 2100 shaking or something like that. I don't blame Cougar 14.2 for responding. 

Man, +10,000 if I could give it to you. The vast majority of the time that's exactly how it works when "Crosby gets brought into the conversation". When I picked up my son from after school workouts yesterday I talked to him about the new BH coach and he said, "So, we're still going to eat". That's the top-down mentality in Crosby which is why I felt comfortable defending the staff on 2100 that's averaging over 10 wins per season.

19 minutes ago, GCMinTheFuture said:

Not sure why you quoted me. Its a 50/50 split for him.  He doesnt have the talent pool he had at Allen but he also will not be playing against teams he was playing there. But the teams he will be playing here have a better talent pool then he has at BH.

I was just quoting you because I'm glad you said it, I have Cougar in my name so I didn't want to bring it up first.  I would've been labeled as a hater.  I agree with your assessment.

12 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Just a question? Where is all the affordable housing in LT Westlake SLC Argyle just to name a few.

IDK, but undoubtedly there's more affordable housing in Katy, North Shore, Denton and Bellmead. Pretty sure you can get a pad cheaper in West Orange than Celina too. Now we get to see if your money x coach theory works. I'm sure you now expect to BH to be like one of those teams you listed since they're now on par.

17 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

IDK, but undoubtedly there's more affordable housing in Katy, North Shore, Denton and Bellmead. Pretty sure you can get a pad cheaper in West Orange than Celina too. Now we get to see if your money x coach theory works. I'm sure you now expect to BH to be like one of those teams you listed since they're now on par.

Not immediately and maybe not that successful but yes I expect BH to be a very good team before long. Katy is actually a pretty affluent area so not sure why you chose them. Not to mention they have one of the best coaches in the state. I will give you NS but 2 titles in school history with the talent that has come through there isn't much to brag about. I mean if enrollment and 4 and 5 star recruites is the X factor then NS should have about 10 titles.

What BH has worked with since database was created, for some reason Dolan is missing though. BH should have 6 total kids rivals saw fit to profile:

This is the hidden content, please

What TW has had at Allen, over 150 total kids in the same time period:

When people say it's harder to win at Allen you have to take into consideration the talent to classification ratio.

Just to be clear,I think this hire is great. TW will improve BH. How much? None of us know. Crosby's improvement under Riordan has put pressure on others to improve, and they will. As all of us in 21-5A and SETX improve we're all forced to improve to keep up or in Crosby's case, stay ahead ;-).  We shouldn't be satisfied with just beating each other. We need to beat the best in Texas. For that to happen we need to be the best in Texas. So thank you BH, you just helped us get closer to winning our first FB state championship :-)

Seriously, it's good for all of us.

Glad to see 21-5A getting stronger. 

Go Crosby!!!

16 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Not immediately and maybe not that successful but yes I expect BH to be a very good team before long. Katy is actually a pretty affluent area so not sure why you chose them. Not to mention they have one of the best coaches in the state. I will give you NS but 2 titles in school history with the talent that has come through there isn't much to brag about. I mean if enrollment and 4 and 5 star recruites is the X factor then NS should have about 10 titles.

Katy is affluent like Allen is affluent, all the kids that go to Allen wouldn't fit in at the other school in Allen which is Lovejoy if you know what I'm saying without going into depth. At one point North Shore didn't lose a regular season game for 8 years straight because of the talent they had, even this year Manvel, Trinity and Westfield which they lost to were all equally as talented but it just wasn't their year. If you have the four and five star kids at the right positions there's no replacement for it, not even money and coaching as you saw at the 4A-D1 title games and up this past year. Enrollment and high level recruits might not guarantee titles every year, especially when other teams can match it given years, but it does make you a perennial powerhouse.  

45 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

What BH has worked with since database was created, for some reason Dolan is missing though. BH should have 6 total kids rivals saw fit to profile:

What TW has had at Allen, over 150 total kids in the same time period:

When people say it's harder to win at Allen you have to take into consideration the talent to classification ratio.

16 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Katy is affluent like Allen is affluent, all the kids that go to Allen wouldn't fit in at the other school in Allen which is Lovejoy if you know what I'm saying without going into depth. At one point North Shore didn't lose a regular season game for 8 years straight because of the talent they had, even this year Manvel, Trinity and Westfield which they lost to were all equally as talented but it just wasn't their year. If you have the four and five star kids at the right positions there's no replacement for it, not even money and coaching as you saw at the 4A-D1 title games and up this past year. Enrollment and high level recruits might not guarantee titles every year, especially when other teams can match it given years, but it does make you a perennial powerhouse.  

Honestly I don't put as much stock in the star rating of a player, it has its flaws just like any other ranking system.  For every four or five star that makes an impact in college there are probably 10 who flame out or never make an impact.  Here is a five year list of 4 & 5s from 2006 to 2010:

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

Honestly I don't put as much stock in the star rating of a player, it has its flaws just like any other ranking system.  For every four or five star that makes an impact in college there are probably 10 who flame out or never make an impact.  Here is a five year list of 4 & 5s from 2006 to 2010:

Those are just 5 star kids but you go off of that list you put up, over half of those guys made it to the NFL. Pretty accurate projections looking at 18 year olds. Your 5 star guys that usually flame out are qbs because there's really no metric to measure them coming out of high school. The people that rank these guys miss sometimes but if you look at this year's NFL draft half of the first round were four and five stars, the other half were three stars which is the most common ranking. The only 2 star drafted in the first round was Breshad Perriman who happened to be 6-2/212 and ran 4.24 at his pro day. Texas has 51 four star prospects in the '16 class, using your theory at least 45 of these kids will flame out in college which I just don't see being the case. Instead you'll probably get at least 10 of these kids make it to the NFL.

2 hours ago, bigdog said:

I just tried to look at the teams that finished in the top10 of the SETX rankings. Only Dayton, PNG and Ned didn't have any D1 kids. Crosby and North Shore which finished 1-2 both had 5,4 and 3 star prospects. I don't think you have to have those kids to win but I also don't think it's a coincidence Ned's best years recently was with a four star defensive tackle.  

6 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

I hope BISD takes a look at this and follow suit....

I think it would be hard to find the money in a multi-school district that doesn't really have a high enrollment. The numbers I heard the BH guys at work throwing around are about 60k higher than what BISD started Suggs and Foreman at, I think Flannigan is still somewhere in the 80's too. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think it would be hard to find the money in a multi-school district that doesn't really have a high enrollment. The numbers I heard the BH guys at work throwing around are about 60k higher than what BISD started Suggs and Foreman at, I think Flannigan is still somewhere in the 80's too. 

It's definitely possible if we could afford to pay the Supt. over 360 a year paying head football coaches more is possible and should be done if not we'll continue to get mediocre results. Lost a HOF coach cause they didn't want to pay him more smh 

Guest ECBucFan

Westerberg will make 140K. His son will be the OC, his daughter will be a teacher, and his wife will direct the "Barbers Hill Foundation". Good luck to our Eagle friends over on the west side of the County.

10 hours ago, liltex said:

Welp Price set the bar@BH=5 ten+ win seasons 5 8+ win seasons(consecutive) w/o 1 D1 player smh

Price also went 10-0 in the regular season the first year BH came up to 4A/5A. Gage was also 9-0 and won a DC before he lost his last game of the regular season. I think the season with Gage was a bit of fools gold because he still had all of youngsters Price started the year before. I hate it for the district but I'm personally glad Price is gone to 6A, we had trouble with that guy at both BH and King.