Keystone XL

Mr. Buddy Garrity

2 hours ago, stevenash said:

Accepting the economic opinion of Van Jones is akin to believing Nancy Pelosi's opinion on who will win the NCAA basketball tourney.

Kinda like letting paul ryan take care of a vote for a new healthcare bill when he controls the house and the senate. should've let ...itch McConnel handle it all.

3 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

Kinda like letting paul ryan take care of a vote for a new healthcare bill when he controls the house and the senate. should've let ...itch McConnel handle it all.

I find it hilarious that you want to try to make fun of Mitch McConnell's name when there is so much stuff to rag on him about. All that material and all you can muster is petty name-calling. Embarrassing! And what's even funnier is that you want to make fun of McConnell after witnessing Harry Reid's follies. Double embarrassing!

2 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I find it hilarious that you want to try to make fun of Mitch McConnell's name when there is so much stuff to rag on him about. All that material and all you can muster is petty name-calling. Embarrassing! And what's even funnier is that you want to make fun of McConnell after witnessing Harry Reid's follies. Double embarrassing!

Don't give a crap about Scary Reid, Crazy Pelosi, Eddie Munster Ryan or .itch McConnell. Can't believe with all of the younger smarter politicians that this is all our country has to offer. Repeat #Reidsuckstoo

3 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

Don't give a crap about Scary Reid, Crazy Pelosi, Eddie Munster Ryan or .itch McConnell. Can't believe with all of the younger smarter politicians that this is all our country has to offer. Repeat #Reidsuckstoo

I agree that all four of those Mitch's suck

5 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

Why would anyone want to be in Congress when they know you will give them cute little nicknames. You sound just like Trump. Are y'all related?

36 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

Do tell.  How does Mr. Ryan control the House of Representatives.  I anxiously await this education.

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, stevenash said:

But none of Obamas "buddies" benifitted from Solyndra, right?

ALL politicians take care of folks with money, they choose which ones. I am not gonna benefit from a trump presidency, no more than i did Obama. At least the presidency has term limits, Unlike congress with all the crooked, greedy bastards there. Probably will benefit some when Trump starts cutting environmental regulations it will make my employer happy. Probably will make the medical facilities and specialty doctors happy also.

4 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

van jones...lol.

Tobie, do you know who has gotten even more filthy rich than he already is because of the Keystone delay and all the rail car hauling?

You probably don't,  but even if you did, I'm guessing you would have no problem with it.

Warren Buffet was already filthy rich. how about Sheldon Adelson trying to buy Donald Trump the presidency. Why?

I believe that Van Jones is correct or nearly so.  It is a typical way of taking a fact and skewing it to make it look like something different.  I read a CNN article on the pipeline and those numbers.  It used the same figures but then went on to explain them. 

The 35 permanent jobs is to run the pipeline itself. That is, the actual flowing of the oil through the pipeline. This will be like at the point origination and pump stations along the way.  No, the pipeline itself will not create 42,000 new jobs.  That would be a worker approximately every 175 feet of an underground pipe line.  So Van Jones and others are correct. It does not take a different worker every 175 feet of an underground pipeline to keep it flowing. Duhhh.....

Oh yeah, the CNN article does mention the 42,000 jobs. Jobs will be created but they will not be standing on the pipeline.   They will be in production, transportation, services provided, etc. 

So yes, the pipeline will only create 35 new jobs for people staring at the pipeline to make sure it's not leaking and to man pump stations along the way. Yes that will be an additional 42,000 jobs created by the same pipeline by the product that runs through it. 

Jones and others choose to ignore the 42,000 jobs and focus on the actual "pipeline" jobs and hope (successfully it appears)  that some people will be too stupid to believe that million barrels of oil will create 35 jobs. 

Help me out here. The pipeline was halted due to environmental reasons and for crossing sacred Indian lands, at least that is what we are told. If the Indians are so concerned about a pipeline then how can this be so. Is it geographical? I guess it goes to Tobie's constant complaining about the government not lining his pockets.

BTW, I believe in coal mining and power and oil pipelines.

This is the hidden content, please