24-4A Early predictions?

HOTROD309

Couple of things to consider here.....

1. Everybody (meaning playoff contenders) in the district this year has one guy who can beat anybody in the district. It's going to come down to who has the deepest staff or most dominant #2 pitcher. 

2. Unless you have a catcher who can handle the game and staff you are behind the 8 ball. Teams that will have to use their primary catcher to play another position because of certain lineup combinations will be at a big disadvantage. 

3. Strength up the middle will be key, solid defense will always win ball games. 

4. Possibly most important of all will be scheduling. One team will draw a bad schedule where they play 2 of the top 3 teams in the district race back to back and that will put a strain on the pitching staffs while other teams will only get 1 contender a week and be able to manage their number 1's to throw accordingly. 

5. Offenses will continue to struggle so the teams that can execute small ball and the run game will be ahead of the pack. 

It should be another wild season where nobody runs away and hides.

Looking forward to it !

Good luck to all the teams.

Rake1

6 hours ago, Rake1 said:

Couple of things to consider here.....

1. Everybody (meaning playoff contenders) in the district this year has one guy who can beat anybody in the district. It's going to come down to who has the deepest staff or most dominant #2 pitcher. 

2. Unless you have a catcher who can handle the game and staff you are behind the 8 ball. Teams that will have to use their primary catcher to play another position because of certain lineup combinations will be at a big disadvantage. 

3. Strength up the middle will be key, solid defense will always win ball games. 

4. Possibly most important of all will be scheduling. One team will draw a bad schedule where they play 2 of the top 3 teams in the district race back to back and that will put a strain on the pitching staffs while other teams will only get 1 contender a week and be able to manage their number 1's to throw accordingly. 

5. Offenses will continue to struggle so the teams that can execute small ball and the run game will be ahead of the pack. 

It should be another wild season where nobody runs away and hides.

Looking forward to it !

Good luck to all the teams.

Rake1

You forgot to add that none of this applies to Bridge City. They are the kings and make the rules.

Nice Points Rake.

Last 3 Games of District play has been a key factor these last few years.  Will be the same this year if the team strengths hold true to form.

BC & LCM have a great setup to end season on a high note, jmo.

HF & Silsbee have favorable finishes.

WOS, HJ & OF schedules seem to be on the tough side to finish strong.

All this is just my opinion but it seems to be setting up for a fantastic finish.

6 hours ago, Rake1 said:

Wow......

that was less than nice right there don't you think AAW? I don't think that post said anything about any particular school or did I miss something? Only trying to get a little bit of talk generated and this is how it's received? Strange......to say the least. 

Rake1

I was going to post a smiley face at end of my post but figured you would ridicule the use of it. ;)

Silsbee looked good it's first day of practice Friday and inter squad scrimmage Saturday. I liked what is saw knowing it's just the first two days of practice. The junior and sophomore class are definitely the driving force to this team. A small senior class that will compete and a couple of freshman that will push for time on the field. One parent told me "their not a well oiled machine but it looks like they have oil on them".  I hope the oil keeps flowing. Go Tigers!!!

• 1 month later...
On Sunday, October 18, 2015 at 3:38 PM, wo-s#1 said:

Wos will be called young by a lot of folks,but really we will have quite a bit of experience coming back,lost the entire outfield with good bats,that will be pretty tough to overcome, I think our defense will be pretty good 

Still kinda early but does anyone wanna retract their post,I'm gonna stick with mine...

6 hours ago, wo-s#1 said:

Still kinda early but does anyone wanna retract their post,I'm gonna stick with mine...

Still looking for the posts where someone, anyone actually counted out WOS.  It was a logical statement, if made, that if you lose your #1 & #2 pitching punch from a state title run that there would be some questions.

Now that that is said...  When you do well first half of district (WOS) you will get attention and coaches will act

accordingly in the second half (Silsbee 2015) and pitching matchups change.

Hitting as a whole has been hit or miss this year.  Lots of good pitching from all the teams.

WOS is still a talented ball club so those that feel that someone has slept on WOS then wake up.  Only a few on this board has even remotely tried to speak against the Mustangs chances.  Support your team and lets watch this District unfold.

MANY have said that it was going to be exciting. 

1 hour ago, Silsbee92 said:

Still looking for the posts where someone, anyone actually counted out WOS.  It was a logical statement, if made, that if you lose your #1 & #2 pitching punch from a state title run that there would be some questions.

Now that that is said...  When you do well first half of district (WOS) you will get attention and coaches will act

accordingly in the second half (Silsbee 2015) and pitching matchups change.

Hitting as a whole has been hit or miss this year.  Lots of good pitching from all the teams.

WOS is still a talented ball club so those that feel that someone has slept on WOS then wake up.  Only a few on this board has even remotely tried to speak against the Mustangs chances.  Support your team and lets watch this District unfold.

MANY have said that it was going to be exciting. 

I haven't said anyone would sleep on wos,just wanna know if it's going the way everyone thought...it's not,read the entire thread

1 hour ago, HOTROD309 said:

If I remember correctly WOS started 0-4 last year ... This is a tough district... I still think Silsbee and BC has the best pitching and it will come down to them for DC ... one kid cant pitch every game

1-3 last year