CBB Longhorns

UTfanatic

34 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

They have a tough finish with 5 of their last 6 games against Top 21 ranked teams.  3 of 6 in the Top 10.

There will be some #1 seeds actively rooting for Texas not to end up in the 8v9 game and matchup with the 1 seed in the 2nd round.  

After this stretch, SOS will be back at #1

hookem

5 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Ibeh is done.  That's a terrible call. That was a charge

77-72 ISU

It was a tough call in real time but he was set.  Should have gotten it right.  

At least it was only one call, the crew that worked the A&M/SC game a couple of weeks ago couldn't get one of those right.  

Texas drops another one.  0-2 this week but extremely tight games (well this one was until the final minute or 2) on the road against ranked opponents.  Gotta think they will fall out of top 25 though.  

With A&M's continued decline and Baylor getting blown out at home today by Tech, may not have any ranked teams in Texas. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

It was a tough call in real time but he was set.  Should have gotten it right.  

At least it was only one call, the crew that worked the A&M/SC game a couple of weeks ago couldn't get one of those right.  

Texas drops another one.  0-2 this week but extremely tight games (well this one was until the final minute or 2) on the road against ranked opponents.  Gotta think they will fall out of top 25 though.  

With A&M's continued decline and Baylor getting blown out at home today by Tech, may not have any ranked teams in Texas. 

You forgot about SMU in the AP with their garbage schedule.  A lot of rank teams lost today so there may still be a chance 

5 hours ago, bulldogbacker said:

With post-season ban?

That's why I forgot them (kidding - I did forget about the Mustangs though).  Silly to me to rank a team who is ineligible to be #1.  But PM is right, they are indeed ranked in the AP poll.  Not ranked in the Coaches Poll - they don't consider postseason-banned teams.  

11 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Ibeh is done.  That's a terrible call. That was a charge

77-72 ISU

I hate to argue one call because one call should not make a difference in the outcome. However, when it is late in the game and the call fouls out your big man, you have to be more decisive. It was obvious he had position and stopped and the ball handler lowered his shoulder into him. Maybe the 8-1 run to end it still happens, but we will never know. 

Like bulldogbacker, I am still excited about the rest of the season....if we make it. No one wants to face a team like Texas because Texas doesn't know they are supposed to lose certain games.

I take nothing away from Iowa St. They are talented and will do well come tournament time.

On February 9, 2016 at 4:12 PM, baddog said:

Texas has already proven they can play with anybody. Cant wait to get the big man back.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Will we have the big man back or is it still wait and see?

The projection was late the month or early March.  I think that's still the hope.  But you never know with foot injuries, especially with a giant like Ridley.