CBB Longhorns

UTfanatic

17 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

We have #3 or #4 class now, only behind UK and Duke on most lists.  After an 11 win season.  Jones should be back as well.  I still am a huge Shaka fan and believe he can make this an elite program.  And he's definitely building. 

As for Mo Bamba, he's a special kid.  This is probably my favorite commitment statement I've ever read.  He will be a great ambassador for the 40 acres:

This is the hidden content, please

Too bad he will only be there for 1 season. 

54 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Too bad he will only be there for 1 season. 

True.  But he is projected to be first pick in draft.  KD was a one and done and great for the program.  And like Bamba, he always maintained his education was important.  He proved it by buying a condo in Austin and going back each off season to earn his degree.  And Bamba is one of those kids who will immediately be a force.  Joining one of the top incoming PGs (which we desperately needed), I'm excited about this year.  And if we do find success, no telling what kind of recruiting Shaka is capable of. 

34 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

True.  But he is projected to be first pick in draft.  KD was a one and done and great for the program.  And like Bamba, he always maintained his education was important.  He proved it by buying a condo in Austin and going back each off season to earn his degree.  And Bamba is one of those kids who will immediately be a force.  Joining one of the top incoming PGs (which we desperately needed), I'm excited about this year.  And if we do find success, no telling what kind of recruiting Shaka is capable of. 

I hope you are right. Things sure feel on the up-tick on the 40 Acres.

Hopefully we will be much improved.  Think I'm going to venture out to Portland for the PK80 during Thanksgiving (sorry aggy, adidas teams need not apply).  Should be fun regardless - going to see a couple of our kids that will be playing for OU and Georgetown.  And my son loves Duke BB almost as much as UT hoops.  But a strong Longhorn showing would be icing on the cake. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

This is the hidden content, please

next big thing 

This kid is the real deal.   Last year’s draft was loaded and I think he would have been the top pick (without the Philly trade).  This year, I can’t imagine him going before Bagley, Porter or Ayton.  Some legit perennial all stars at the top of this one.  Williams from A&M may drop about 10 spots (from where he would have gone if he’d come out) just due to depth.   But I think he too will be a solid pro.