CBB Longhorns

UTfanatic

I agree with Duke at the top and UK 2.  I also think Shaka will have the Horns competing at a high level very quickly.  I would have A&M on this list actually.  I would be surprised, with the recent recruiting, if they aren't a sweet 16, Elite 8 type team in the next 2-3 years.   If they aren't, Kennedy needs to be gone.  The upside is that his top assistant, Rick Stansbury, is not only a top notch recruiter but a great Xs and Os guy IMO.  

I agree with Duke at the top and UK 2.  I also think Shaka will have the Horns competing at a high level very quickly.  I would have A&M on this list actually.  I would be surprised, with the recent recruiting, if they aren't a sweet 16, Elite 8 type team in the next 2-3 years.   If they aren't, Kennedy needs to be gone.  The upside is that his top assistant, Rick Stansbury, is not only a top notch recruiter but a great Xs and Os guy IMO.  

A&M does not have a proven recruiting history for the long term and quite frankly no proven head coach - both will have to improve for A&M basketball to make a list like this one - but I am hopeful.

A&M does not have a proven recruiting history for the long term and quite frankly no proven head coach - both will have to improve for A&M basketball to make a list like this one - but I am hopeful.

I agree but the last class was phenomenal and have already gotten a couple of key commitments out of this year's HS seniors.  If Kennedy is worth his salt, they are going to be a very tough team come tournament time, especially next season.  Stansbury on the other hand is the all time winningest coach at Miss St. and retired from there.  He can flat out coach and recruit.  So can't hurt having him beside you on the bench.  Hopefully Kennedy will ask and heed his advice often.

I agree but the last class was phenomenal and have already gotten a couple of key commitments out of this year's HS seniors.  If Kennedy is worth his salt, they are going to be a very tough team come tournament time, especially next season.  Stansbury on the other hand is the all time winningest coach at Miss St. and retired from there.  He can flat out coach and recruit.  So can't hurt having him beside you on the bench.  Hopefully Kennedy will ask and heed his advice often.

Really had not paid attention to the Asst. coaches at A&M but looked Stansbury up and you are right pretty good resume - hope he helps.

Really had not paid attention to the Asst. coaches at A&M but looked Stansbury up and you are right pretty good resume - hope he helps.

Also as nice a guy as you will meet.  I have a year left but beginning next season, I am going to be forced to be an Aggie basketball fan.  You guys have a point guard coming in that is something special and I just can't root against.  I am glad he has a year left in HS and won't be on the floor when we play each other in the Bahamas.  I would have really had a rough time with that game. 

Also as nice a guy as you will meet.  I have a year left but beginning next season, I am going to be forced to be an Aggie basketball fan.  You guys have a point guard coming in that is something special and I just can't root against.  I am glad he has a year left in HS and won't be on the floor when we play each other in the Bahamas.  I would have really had a rough time with that game. 

TxHoops - if that happens welcome aboard at  least for BB.

• 3 weeks later...