CBB Longhorns

UTfanatic

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

10-18

On the bright side, at least they have an elite recruiter and one of the top X & O guys as their head coach.  

They will be better next year. Can't make chicken salad out of chicken  sh**. Hopefully Allen will stay in school a get bigger. If not, Smart has recruited well enough and a true PG is on the way.

On 2/21/2017 at 8:31 AM, Bandwagon Ranger said:

They will be better next year. Can't make chicken salad out of chicken  sh**. Hopefully Allen will stay in school a get bigger. If not, Smart has recruited well enough and a true PG is on the way.

Don't mind Mack.  As with most Ags, he has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he doesn't know his a$& from his elbow when it comes to hoops...   

11 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Don't mind Mack.  As with most Ags, he has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he doesn't know his a$& from his elbow when it comes to hoops...   

Coming from someone that only talks about how great his 10-18 team is....

I tried to tell you that A&M wouldn't be good this year with no point guard.  Davis and Robert Williams are elite players.  It's said to see that talent wasted.  Williams will probably be a lotto pick and I'm sure Davis will be gone as well.  We needed JJ this season to have a chance.  

14 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I tried to tell you that A&M wouldn't be good this year with no point guard.  Davis and Robert Williams are elite players.  It's said to see that talent wasted.  Williams will probably be a lotto pick and I'm sure Davis will be gone as well.  We needed JJ this season to have a chance.  

Where on this thread has greatness and Texas Basket, 2017 version, been discussed. 

I must have missed it. 

Final 4, Conference Championships, 

I am still looking!

Hoops merely pointed out that you know nothing of college basketball. 

You are still the only Aggy posting in this forum. 

So who is right?

horns up and Hookem 

.............I am glad you replaced your ring!

1 hour ago, UTfanatic said:

Where on this thread has greatness and Texas Basket, 2017 version, been discussed.

I must have missed it. 

Final 4, Conference Championships, 

I am still looking!

Hoops merely pointed out that you know nothing of college basketball. 

You are still the only Aggy posting in this forum. 

So who is right?

horns up and Hookem 

.............I am glad you replaced your ring!

Nowhere.   Reading comprehension isn't their strong suit either!

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

You tried to tell me?   Considering JJ was one of our summer kids and we have another one that will be there in the fall, I don't think there is much you could tell me about the Ags or their program or JJ's situation that I didn't know first...  And one the of the main reasons he chose A&M was due to there being no PG on campus who could compete with him so their struggle without him is not a shock to anyone. 

On 2/27/2017 at 1:47 PM, Tigers2010 said:

Next year will be year 3 for Shaka. You gotta wonder, if next year is as embarrassing as this year, how much longer he has. Charlie got 3 years I believe. I am not too knowledgeable on the upcoming recruiting class. Fanatic, Hoops. what is the future looking like?? 

They have what they need coming in:  Matt Coleman, a PG from Oak Hill who came down to Texas or Duke.  This is basketball, so Shaka's leash will be longer than Charlie's.  And Shaka can coach...and recruit.  He's going to be fine.  I'm not trying to compare him to Coach K, but after going 17-13 in his first year at Duke, he went 10-17 and 11-17 in years 2 and 3.  Sometimes it's about getting your guys in and getting your footing.  There are 3-5 schools who can get the number of 1 and dones in to compete.  Texas isn't one of them at this point obviously.  Shaka will be given a fair amount of time and I'm willing to bet anyone he has a successful career at Texas.

18 hours ago, TxHoops said:

They have what they need coming in:  Matt Coleman, a PG from Oak Hill who came down to Texas or Duke.  This is basketball, so Shaka's leash will be longer than Charlie's.  And Shaka can coach...and recruit.  He's going to be fine.  I'm not trying to compare him to Coach K, but after going 17-13 in his first year at Duke, he went 10-17 and 11-17 in years 2 and 3.  Sometimes it's about getting your guys in and getting your footing.  There are 3-5 schools who can get the number of 1 and dones in to compete.  Texas isn't one of them at this point obviously.  Shaka will be given a fair amount of time and I'm willing to bet anyone he has a successful career at Texas.

Ditto

it has been a long year in MBB

55 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

He better have some broad shoulders, because another year like this year and the entire weight of Austin will be on his back !

55 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

Shaka has some broad shoulders for a short man

horns up and Hookem 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, UTfanatic said:

This is the hidden content, please

losing last year doesn't seem to affect Shaka or the recruits

We have #3 or #4 class now, only behind UK and Duke on most lists.  After an 11 win season.  Jones should be back as well.  I still am a huge Shaka fan and believe he can make this an elite program.  And he's definitely building. 

As for Mo Bamba, he's a special kid.  This is probably my favorite commitment statement I've ever read.  He will be a great ambassador for the 40 acres:

This is the hidden content, please