Cruz Control!

smitty

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Cruz control in reverse.   Last night pretty much sealed the deal absent any convention shenanigans.   Trump vs. Hillary in November.  What a sh** show...

Lol, it will be like picking the best NFL team and your only two choices are the Cowboys and the Texans.   

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Lol, it will be like picking the best NFL team and your only two choices are the Cowboys and the Texans.   

These two are way less popular (via polling) than the last several losers in the general election.  What happened to having to be likable to win the White House a la Reagan and (gasp) the Clinton who possesses actual balls?  I'm really starting to realize I have no idea what is important in getting elected anymore. 

4 hours ago, nappyroots said:

Satan believers upset about being compared to ted cruz....lying ted and Alice the goon

Lying Ted.   That nickname was handed to Cruz by Trump.  I'm glad to see nr that you've become a Trump fan.   If Ted does get the nomination, just wait and see what nicknames he'll hang on Hillary lol.

Many people on here have repeatedly stated that the GOP was losing elections because they didn't have any real conservatives running in the primaries.  Now you have one running in the primaries, and he loses to the punchline of a joke.  So obviously that wasn't the answer,  It's going to take a republican with a moderate social stance to get republicans back in the white house due to the electoral college.  If you're not winning the swing voters, you're not winning the election.  If you guys are willing to vote for Donald over Hillary, then y'all would've voted for a GOP candidate with moderate social views over her as well.  That's what it's going to take.

20 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Many people on here have repeatedly stated that the GOP was losing elections because they didn't have any real conservatives running in the primaries.  Now you have one running in the primaries, and he loses to the punchline of a joke.  So obviously that wasn't the answer,  It's going to take a republican with a moderate social stance to get republicans back in the white house due to the electoral college.  If you're not winning the swing voters, you're not winning the election.  If you guys are willing to vote for Donald over Hillary, then y'all would've voted for a GOP candidate with moderate social views over her as well.  That's what it's going to take.

Tell me what conservative social stances that are actually policy that affect your life as a moderate are you concerned about?

Social stances from the left and the policies behind them are much more costly than anything coming from the right.

Obamacare, the global warming farce that kills the energy industry (just ask a coal miner) , welfare, ...now those cost you money.

Conservatives just need to keep up the good fight because we know lefty policies DO NOT WORK.

To conform and compromise to failed policies just to say you got in the White House...well that's what is happening right now.

41 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Tell me what conservative social stances that are actually policy that affect your life as a moderate are you concerned about?

Social stances from the left and the policies behind them are much more costly than anything coming from the right.

Obamacare, the global warming farce that kills the energy industry (just ask a coal miner) , welfare, ...now those cost you money.

Conservatives just need to keep up the good fight because we know lefty policies DO NOT WORK.

To conform and compromise to failed policies just to say you got in the White House...well that's what is happening right now.

you're bringing up fiscal issues.  A candidate claiming to reform those could do some good.  I'm talking about gay rights, abortion, prayer in school, etc.... moral policies that conservatives would try to put into place. Look at the backlash they're taking in North Carolina right now for instituting discriminatory laws.  you don't have to believe me, but those are the types of issues where the GOP is losing the white house.  

11 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

you're bringing up fiscal issues.  A candidate claiming to reform those could do some good.  I'm talking about gay rights, abortion, prayer in school, etc.... moral policies that conservatives would try to put into place.  you don't have to believe me, but those are the types of issues where you're losing the white house.  

No, those are social issues that cost a ton of money.

You are seriously more fearful of those items you have listed than the policies that are actual causing great harm to this country and putting us further and further in debt.

What rights would be taken away from gays by Cruz, what horrible policy about voluntary prayer in school would be put in place.

Social liberal and fiscal conservative doesn't work...nothing fiscally conservative about liberal social policies.

Liberal fiscal policies are killing this country, not social conservative policies...just pick one of many big cities or states that are in trouble.

4 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

No, those are social issues that cost a ton of money.

You are seriously more fearful of those items you have listed than the policies that are actual causing great harm to this country and putting us further and further in debt.

What rights would be taken away from gays by Cruz, what horrible policy about voluntary prayer in school would be put in place.

Social liberal and fiscal conservative doesn't work...nothing fiscally conservative about liberal social policies.

Liberal fiscal policies are killing this country, not social conservative policies...just pick one of many big cities or states that are in trouble.

Entitlements and big government spending are a major problem fiscally.  Not abortions, forced religion, gay rights, etc.  those are not major fiscal issues, but they are major hot button issues that are swaying the middle voters.  Again, believe what you want, but ultraconservative isn't working for the white house.  Heck, without Jeb giving the election to GW, there wouldn't have been a republican in office since 92.  And that trend isn't changing this election with the Donald being the right's representation.  I'm thinking about writing in Steve Nash or something.  The thought of choosing between the Donald and the Hillary is the Nauseating.  

9 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Entitlements and big government spending are a major problem fiscally.  Not abortions, forced religion, gay rights, etc.  those are not major fiscal issues, but they are major hot button issues that are swaying the middle voters.  Again, believe what you want, but ultraconservative isn't working for the white house.  Heck, without Jeb giving the election to GW, there wouldn't have been a republican in office since 92.  And that trend isn't changing this election with the Donald being the right's representation.  I'm thinking about writing in Steve Nash or something.  The thought of choosing between the Donald and the Hillary is the Nauseating.  

On this point, we can surely agree!