Umpires, You Make the Call on this Play

What amazes me is everyone in the stadium sees these types of plays except for the one who is actually supposed to be watching.  At the beginning of the year we are told what is allowable and what is not, yet it seems these situations come up all the time and nothing seems to happen to the player who instigated the contact.

This was not her first contact, you can tell she has that timing down. And yeah...why wasn't the ump watching to make sure the run scored/touched home. This whole thing is insane and she should suffer some sort of consequence.

I do give props to the Huffman girls for not reacting, you know that took quite a lot of self restraint!

Actually he should have been watching to make sure the plate was touched, she has no reason to be standing there without ball or ball on the way......PERIOD.

​Totally agree, but if she would've had the ball, which she clearly didn't, all bets are off, she would've had ever right to defend home plate. Makes you wonder if she was taught this.

My wife read me some info about this incident the other day in the car. Said the Needvillve girl is a Junior and the district has taken disciplinary action although they didn't say what that punishment was or would be. The district also went on to say that it is out of character for this young lady. 

Perhaps disciplinary action should have been spread to the coach as well.  Perhaps this conduct is trumped by a winning season, priorities.

Evidently, the coach condones and teaches this. If not, the coach should have put her arse on the bench the first time.  I still have no clue as to what this ump was watching.  How does he qualify for a state title game.  He let this happen twice!

Well the coach has a boss (AD and/or Super) that should care about what is happening in the program at his/her school.  That boss should have a boss that cares too.  But you know, they could have my boss.....in which case the boss may not be aware that there was a game.  

Just awful that if the coach was instructing this kid to do this they don't take accountability for that publicly, instead let that kid take the heat publicly.  Great role model.  Would love to have that be a leader in my daughter's life.

• 2 weeks later...