A&M Basketball---Co-SEC Champs!

9 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

The Ags downward spiral continues with their 4th straight SEC loss since being ranked #5 in the country. 

Bama wins 63-62.   Anthony Collins missed 2 FT's with 1 second left to take the lead.   He was 94% on the year before those 2 misses.  

You think he had money on the game or just a super choke job?

27 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

To be clear, I think there are a lot of Aggies who are not huge basketball fans that may not know just how good A&M has the potential to be.  With the right coach this could be a final four caliber team in the next few years.  I really believe that. 

Isn' t this the second year in a row this has happened to the Aggies?  A new coach is prolly needed.

50 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

To be clear, I think there are a lot of Aggies who are not huge basketball fans that may not know just how good A&M has the potential to be.  With the right coach this could be a final four caliber team in the next few years.  I really believe that. 

I can't say as I disagree - but a team that was in a high NCAA tourney position 2 weeks ago is now playing itself into an NIT bid - really kinda sad - can understand losing to South Carolina and LSU but  the Arkansas and Alabama losses hurt.  Don't know if it is bad coaching or a team not knowing how to play as the favorite but something needs to change and fast.

It is up to the coach to help the team deal with these issues - will see how he handles the rest of the year.

51 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

I can't say as I disagree - but a team that was in a high NCAA tourney position 2 weeks ago is now playing itself into an NIT bid - really kinda sad - can understand losing to South Carolina and LSU but  the Arkansas and Alabama losses hurt.  Don't know if it is bad coaching or a team not knowing how to play as the favorite but something needs to change and fast.

It is up to the coach to help the team deal with these issues - will see how he handles the rest of the year.

As I've said, I really think he's a good man.  But this has been a consistent MO of the team's he's coached.  He has gotten a lot of talent to campus in CS (although some, including myself, attribute an equal amount of credit to Stansbury there) and it would be a shame for it to not bear any real fruits.  You only have a lot of these kids for 1-3 years so the window closes too fast in CBB.  I just think if it doesn't pick up, I would be looking at other options.  Buzz Williams would be a good choice IMO.  

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Wheels are off the bus.  BK needs to go.  A lot of youngsters on this team and it is looking like he's already lost them...

I missed the 2nd half, but they looked pretty good the 1st half.  I haven't been a fan of Kennedy since he's been there.  A&M has no offense.  When teams get film on them as the season goes on they are easy to stop.  Talent isn't the problem.  I truly believe they can beat anyone in the country, but they need some help from the guy on the bench.  

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

As I've said, I really think he's a good man.  But this has been a consistent MO of the team's he's coached.  He has gotten a lot of talent to campus in CS (although some, including myself, attribute an equal amount of credit to Stansbury there) and it would be a shame for it to not bear any real fruits.  You only have a lot of these kids for 1-3 years so the window closes too fast in CBB.  I just think if it doesn't pick up, I would be looking at other options.  Buzz Williams would be a good choice IMO.  

They seem to like Texas coaches !

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I missed the 2nd half, but they looked pretty good the 1st half.  I haven't been a fan of Kennedy since he's been there.  A&M has no offense.  When teams get film on them as the season goes on they are easy to stop.  Talent isn't the problem.  I truly believe they can beat anyone in the country, but they need some help from the guy on the bench.  

I agree 100%.  One thing I will say, this team with JJ Caldwell will be better regardless of who is coaching.  He's one of those kids who is truly a coach on the floor.  And he's almost impossible to stay in front of defensively.  Once he breaks you down, he is uncanny at finding the best open look for his teammates.  Instant offense.  They do need to get better defensively and on the boards though.  I just don't see steady improvement from Kennedy-coached teams like you should.  In fact, it almost seems like a steady regression most of the time.  That's usually always a direct reflection on the coach. 

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

A&M finally gets back in the win column with a win over Ole Miss 71-56.

Kentucky is coming to College Station on Saturday.  

Hope it is rocking.  Big game for this team and could be a huge momentum swing on the season.  Maybe tonight's win will provide a spark for the fans.  If they had lost, could have been disasterous for Saturday's turnout/atmosphere.