SECond to none

team first

Png Bamakid - can you also explain how the Aggy mentality has changed since joining the SEC? How many do you think were rooting on Texas against SC or Alabama in title games (both in the last decade)? Did they just realize they were in the South (conceivable of course)? Or is the Bama/Auburn rivalry not quite as bitter as texas/a&m and texas/OU?

I've been to most of the Big 12 stadiums and I'm working my way through the SEC. Ole Miss, LSU, and Miss St done so far, Vandy next year. There is no comparison to the fans and hospitality that is show to visiting fans at SEC games. Minus a few drunk Cajuns the SEC fans are great.

You ever been in a bad relationship then end it and realize how great other women can be? That's pretty much how it is.

I've been to most of the Big 12 stadiums and I'm working my way through the SEC. Ole Miss, LSU, and Miss St done so far, Vandy next year. There is no comparison to the fans and hospitality that is show to visiting fans at SEC games. Minus a few drunk Cajuns the SEC fans are great.

You ever been in a bad relationship then end it and realize how great other women can be? That's pretty much how it is.

Yeah, I'm sure that's it ;)

You just shouldn't root for rivals period.

As I recall I did not see one Aggie fan pulling for Texas when they played USC,and Alabama in the title game just because their from Texas, and in same conference.

In a sport where subjective rankings are still play a huge part, conference strength matters a great deal. I don't get how you can't understand that.

The NFL has power rankings each week that no one cares about. That's because they have a true playoff and rankings are worthless. This is not the case with the NCAA. I was rooting for Texas in that game btw.

Png Bamakid - can you also explain how the Aggy mentality has changed since joining the SEC? How many do you think were rooting on Texas against SC or Alabama in title games (both in the last decade)? Did they just realize they were in the South (conceivable of course)? Or is the Bama/Auburn rivalry not quite as bitter as texas/a&m and texas/OU?

I think Texas A&M is embracing the first opportunity it's ever had to not be the little sister. They're the only Texas team in college football's most prominent conference, and they're enjoying the spotlight that comes with it. You can't blame them - it's worked out well for them so far. But, while that may be a superficial relationship right now, it will become deep-seated and ironclad over the years. I think the only teams that will ever leave the SEC already did, decades ago.

As far as your rivalry comment goes, one of the best A&M shirts I ever saw was a maroon shirt with band-aids over the horns on the Longhorn symbol that said something to the effect of, "For One Time Only, Hook 'em Horns." That was when UT was set to play USC in the national championship. So I'll admit that the phenomenon of a fan base supporting its rival in a big game isn't unique to the SEC. But I'd bet good money that if you could find a way to measure it somehow, it would be much more prevalent in the SEC than it is in other conferences. Whether or not that phenomenon has any bearing on a rivalry's bitterness is debatable. I don't think it does.

Power 5 thus far........

SEC 3-0 Wins Over: Miami ACC, WV 2TCL,& TU 2TCL

Pac-12 3-0 Wins Over: Colorado St Mountain West., Duke ACC, & Nebraska Big 10

Big Ten 2-2 Wins Over: UNC ACC, BC ACC

ACC 3-4 Wins Over: UCF American, Cincinnati American, & OU 2TCL

2 True Champion League 0-3 (Outscored 116-50)

GIG'EM

Power 5 thus far........

GIG'EM

:P  Enjoy it while it lasts !

Power 5 thus far........

GIG'EM

I notice u only come on when the SEC is winning. Didn't see you around when Aggies were losing earlier in the season..

I know my team sucked this year and they got their arse handed to them by Arkansas. If you watch your team long enough, you are going to go through seasons and games that end this way, I can promise you that. I am man enough to admit things like this.

There are lots of things in sports that give me pleasure. Watching my Cowboys win (man, have i suffered with them), watching my Longhorns win (suffering with them right now), I enjoyed OU getting thrashed by Clemson, yet I loved watching OU hand it to Bama. Funny how things like that work sometimes. But one thing that really gives me some of the utmost pleasure is knowing that LSU lost at anything. When fans like team first like to run their head about their team and conference like he is hands above any of the rest of us, nothing but nothing is more fun than seeing him eat it.