So what have you killed this year?

bullets13

I have seen tons of deer, just not the ones that I wanted to (or could) shoot. 

I hunted on a ranch and was a doe/spike hunt with the option to take a management buck. I tried for several days for a buck and had one come in within about 5 feet of my shooting lane but some javelinas kept him alive. When it got late one evening I took a doe just to get some meat. On a couple of hunts I would have taken a late doe but there was always an issue such as javies or big bucks running them out of my bow range. 

I have seen tons of deer, just not the ones that I wanted to (or could) shoot.

I hunted on a ranch and was a doe/spike hunt with the option to take a management buck. I tried for several days for a buck and had one come in within about 5 feet of my shooting lane but some javelinas kept him alive. When it got late one evening I took a doe just to get some meat. On a couple of hunts I would have taken a late doe but there was always an issue such as javies or big bucks running them out of my bow range.

What's a management buck running out there?

What's a management buck running out there?

Cost?

For me the five day bow hunt with three doe/spike plus a 125"-135" buck is $1,500. With no buck being hit it is $350. Doe/spike hunts are semi-guided with transportation to and from the blind, corning the area and tracking dogs if needed. 

My dad and I are headed to Fairfield State Park tomorrow for a doe/spike/pig draw hunt. Hoping to come back with a couple of deer for the freezer. We're also going Friday through Sunday for a draw hunt at Balcones Wildlife Reserve. That's a doe/spike/turkey/pig hunt, and if I shoot
A doe or pig then I can take a buck. So hopefully I'll get something