UT Six Man Football?

Peppermint Patty

Harrison had been suspended and had been reported to return against BYU.

Estelle is a new suspension.

Maybe we will get all 4 back for UCLA.

GCMPats you are starting to sound like a sunshine pumper. Keep the faith.

I am a pessimist by nature. Just trying to convince myself the sky is not falling.

I can confirm that the players believed (I don't exactly what was told to them) at the conclusion of the practice yesterday that these two were off the team.  The release to the press last night was "suspended for BYU game."  Not sure if it was a change of heart (or mind) on Strong's part or if there was a miscommunication. 

I am now hearing that barring a "change of heart" on Strong's part, Harrison and Estelle are "gone" as originally reported. There just might also be something at play with the conflicting reports. Let's just say AD Patterson and his golden boy hire may not be entirely seeing eye to eye on the whole "dismissing from the team" route. Seems Patterson may be getting more involved in operations than some would like.

For the record, I think Patterson was an awful hire. Anyone who comes in and announces that the greatest coach of all time in his sport (not talking about Mack here - OBVIOUSLY) is on the hot seat gives me great pause about his decision-making abilities.

Deoundrei Davis was a four-star member of the Texas Longhorns' 2013 recruiting class and rated as the No. 4 outside linebacker in the country.  Reports out of Austin, Texas, on Friday said coach Charlie Strong had kicked Davis off the team. Since taking over for Mack Brown about eight months ago, Strong has dismissed eight players. 

Deoundrei Davis was a four-star member of the Texas Longhorns' 2013 recruiting class and rated as the No. 4 outside linebacker in the country. Reports out of Austin, Texas, on Friday said coach Charlie Strong had kicked Davis off the team. Since taking over for Mack Brown about eight months ago, Strong has dismissed eight players.

Most of them from the 2013 recruiting class.

Jeff Howe (@JeffHowe247) tweeted at 3:01 PM on Fri, Sep 05, 2014:

Class of 2013 had 15 signees. Two dismissals, one gone & no reason given, one transfer and one currently suspended. #HookEm #Longhorns

Deoundrei Davis was a four-star member of the Texas Longhorns' 2013 recruiting class and rated as the No. 4 outside linebacker in the country. Reports out of Austin, Texas, on Friday said coach Charlie Strong had kicked Davis off the team. Since taking over for Mack Brown about eight months ago, Strong has dismissed eight players.

Too many stars. Chucky needs 3 stars that work hard.

Too many stars. Chucky needs 3 stars that work hard.

That would be just fine. I'm thinking we start putting their Rivals star ranking on their helmets so we can easily identify who the really good players are during the games. Sometimes it's hard to tell which is which on the field.