Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

Has anyone thought there might be a legit reason that the media has not gotten a hold of yet that Strong has fond out through back ground checks is the reason this kid is being reevaluated? He may be a 4 star commit but may have some issues of some sort. I don't think Strong would just pull an offer from a 4 star recruit just to pull it. He has some sort of reason.

The kid hurt his knee and is working to get healthy. He went to a camp and ran. 4.8 while still recovering and got his offer pulled. Dealing with HS coaches is a big part of recruiting, and Charlie is alienating coaches all across the state by pulling all of these offers.

He is looking for the right players that fit his system regardless of it being a 3star or 5star athlete. He wants kids that will come in and work hard not a kid that is highly decorated and expects to play right away just because he is a 4 or 5 star player. Primadonna's are not what he is looking for. Look at what Briles has done with 2 and 3 star athletes with a couple of 4's mixed in. It is all about knowing what players fit your system and how bad they want it. Look back and see how many 5 star highly decorated high school players bombed out once they got to college. I would much rather a kid with heart, drive and determination to get better and work his arse off to do it instead of the Primadonna that comes in and thinks just because he has 5 stars by his name he is automatically the stud star of the team. Not saying all 5stars are like that but I have watched plenty of them fall flat on their face and not live up to that 5star much less a 2star athlete.

Recruiting data does not back up your post. 4 & 5 stars a a good bit more likely to make it to the NFL. Sure Saban is a great coach, but he also has better players than every other school in the country.

The kid hurt his knee and is working to get healthy. He went to a camp and ran. 4.8 while still recovering and got his offer pulled. Dealing with HS coaches is a big part of recruiting, and Charlie is alienating coaches all across the state by pulling all of these offers.

That's not the feedback I've read. He has made a very favorable impression with the high school coaches.

Bottom line, unless you've spoken with Coach Strong, you really don't know why he has pulled the offer.He can pull all of Coach Brown's offers is he deems it necessary.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until the losses out weigh the wins. In the end, that's all that really matters.

AT least that is what you are praying for!!!

I'm not praying for anything. Sumlin seems to be doing alright without my prayers. I just think its funny how things have changed for tu fans. Now stars don't matter, they just need the right players that fit their system and work hard. That is what teams say that can't get 5 stars.

Btw James Franklin is killing it recruiting at Penn State. Y'all should have hired him.

I'm not praying for anything. Sumlin seems to be doing alright without my prayers. I just think its funny how things have changed for tu fans. Now stars don't matter, they just need the right players that fit their system and work hard. That is what teams say that can't get 5 stars.

Btw James Franklin is killing it recruiting at Penn State. Y'all should have hired him.

Can't get 5 stars? Winning will bring back the 5 stars. Baylor is proving you can win without them. If UT turns it around, they will get the players they want. Always have.

I guess if Mack would have signed John Boy it would have just been another crappy 3 star recruit.

We all, you and me included, spin the "facts" (I use the word facts, like you, loosley) to fit and build up what we want and support!!! 

The fact is that the final verdict on Strong is still a long way from being settled.  

But what he has not been able to do - that quite frankly most new "great" coaches to a new school are able to do (and Texas I would think would have been and even bigger boost) is the land several new "star" players on the recruiting board quickly.  Most new name coaches bring an immediate influx of interested recruits and it appears that Strong has not benefited from this surge.

Case and point Sumlin was able to make an immediate impact in the recruiting wars at Texas A&M - Strong has not been able to make the same impact so far it appears.

Will he catch up - Keep posted for breaking news - good or bad.

I wonder why our Aggie bud's who have normally been out front on committment's didn't beat you the punch on this one?

I dont know but as soon as I saw it I got excited, i've seen this kid numerous times since his sophomore year, the kid has some BIGTIME speed.

I wonder why our Aggie bud's who have normally been out front on committment's didn't beat you the punch on this one?

Another 3 star? Strong is a recruiting machine I tell you

http://sports.yahoo.com/tamu/football/recruiting/player-Tristian-Houston-159423

For those keeping score at home Sumlin has more 4+ star commits for 2015 than Chuck, Kliff, and Briles combined.

For those keeping score at home Sumlin has more 4+ star commits for 2015 than Chuck, Kliff, and Briles combined.

Ladies and gentlemen,

Mr. February Kevin Sumlin

All smoke, no bang.

.....and they can all kick your tail. Never underestimate the hunger of a lesser star recruit. They have something to prove and will black your eye.

Man how things have changed....

I don't know so get me straight on this.  I have seen on here others say that Manziel was a 3 star recruit.  If that is so, then a 3 star recruit has been the best player since John David Crow for the Aggies?  I don't know but maybe that is too far back.  On another point, Mack Brown who, as far as I know, was the original "coach February" did not fare as well in December/January as he did in February!  I would gladly take real Cahmpionships over "fictitious" ones. 

I don't know so get me straight on this.  I have seen on here others say that Manziel was a 3 star recruit.  If that is so, then a 3 star recruit has been the best player since John David Crow for the Aggies?  I don't know but maybe that is too far back.  On another point, Mack Brown who, as far as I know, was the original "coach February" did not fare as well in December/January as he did in February!  I would gladly take real Cahmpionships over "fictitious" ones. 

Yes JFF does prove the point that 3 star players can shine - there are also numerous other 3 star players that have doe the same.  However, the goal of every athletic program is to get the best recruits possible and that normally means 4 and 5 stars.  The hypocrisy is that just not too long ago Texas and its fans bragged about all the five star recruits they got and would always get.  Just now when they seem to be struggling getting the same results they now state that 3 star recruits are the BOMB!

I agree with you that I will gladly take all 3 star recruits if that lead to championships - but if history has proven anything the teams that have a good coach and recruit well (high star ratings) are normally the teams that compete for championships year in and year out.

I am not a newcomer to this process - Texas will be back and when is the only question.  But A&M at this time and I see in the future will be a player as to how many of the best recruits Texas will get. 

Man how things have changed....

Who doesn't want five star recruits? I'm just not so sure that the people who bestow these ratings are ALWAYS right. What is the big difference between a four and a three star recruit......speed, agility, stats? If it is stats, they can be misleading.

Who doesn't want five star recruits? I'm just not so sure that the people who bestow these ratings are ALWAYS right. What is the big difference between a four and a three star recruit......speed, agility, stats? If it is stats, they can be misleading.

No they aren't always right. There are bust and surprises of every star level. The percentages say the higher the stars the more likely the player is to make it to the NFL.

Lets be real clear, as a Texas T'shirt football fan I am not saying we do not want 4 or 5 star recruits.  What we are saying is we are not panicking while you Ag's are running around claiming the sky is falling.  If Strong can coach, then he will be succesful with the guys he gets now.  If he is successful, he will do even better with future recruits and he will get more than his share of 4-5 stars!!! If he can't coach then it won't matter.  We have aleady been through the "Used Car Saleman" coach who could sale ice to an eskimo and got more than his share of the top recruits.  That did not proportionaly show up in the success on the field.  If Sumlin does'nt do better than he did last year over the next 5, trust me you guys will lead the charge to have him gone!!!  If Strong don't produce the desired results on the field over the next 5 whether he has all 3's or all 5's, he will be gone as well.  We can stop all this BS right now!! But I know you guys are really having fun with it so we can be assured you will continue your hahaha gotcha posts for the short term.