Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

$50. You probably thought they said $15. Otherwise I got ripped off!!

Yeah someone took your money. Maybe LAZEEK is taking his cut.

"The month-long tour will stop in 11 cities, starting in Fort Worth on Monday, April 21 and ending in Beaumont on Monday, May 19. Entry costs $15 for adults and $8 for youth, but admission includes food, giveaways and a special edition tour T-shirt."

http://austin.culturemap.com/news/sports/03-20-14-texas-coach-charlie-strong-spring-tour-texas/

Yeah someone took your money. Maybe LAZEEK is taking his cut.

"The month-long tour will stop in 11 cities, starting in Fort Worth on Monday, April 21 and ending in Beaumont on Monday, May 19. Entry costs $15 for adults and $8 for youth, but admission includes food, giveaways and a special edition tour T-shirt."

http://austin.culturemap.com/news/sports/03-20-14-texas-coach-charlie-strong-spring-tour-texas/

Dang it! 😡 A buddy of mine bought a table; maybe it was more? I've got some investigating to do!!

$15 is kind of a steep price to pay. Does it come with a free round at the Country Club? I might get in on that if it does.

Oh Good Lord!!!  Another cheap Aggie!!!  I mean, you wouldn't be going with Buddy Garrity so that in itself will enhance the experience!!!  Who knows, if you do go it could be a life changeing experience and you may switch sides,  LOL!!!

Oh Good Lord!!!  Another cheap Aggie!!!  I mean, you wouldn't be going with Buddy Garrity so that in itself will enhance the experience!!!  Who knows, if you do go it could be a life changeing experience and you may switch sides,  LOL!!!

I could probably talk Strong into buying my lunch and Phatmack's also along with making me head recruiting advisor at UT, at least then more 5-star recruits (on the field as well as the classroom) would be in burnt orange.

Charlie is at it again

@MBHORNSFAN: It appears DB Jalen Campbell offer has been pulled by the new staff. They're reevaluating him now to decide to extend the offer again.

You would think that they would reevaluate him prior to letting everyone know that they have "pulled" the offer - all this will due is alienate this player for possible future consideration of the Texas program.

I hope for Texas fans that he does have a plan as Jalen Campbell was 1 of only 2 4 star commits at this time for Texas.

Unless he has a way to reverse this it sounds like it may be a plan for a minor disaster.   Only time will tell.

Recruiting Stars on paper don't make plays on the field. There is a reason Coach Strong elected to pull the offer. He's not going to air the dirty laundry. Until proved otherwise, I'll assume Coach Strong knows what he is doing. Especially as it relates to defensive position players. His track record for recruiting stands on it's own merit.

Has anyone thought there might be a legit reason that the media has not gotten a hold of yet that Strong has fond out through back ground checks is the reason this kid is being reevaluated? He may be a 4 star commit but may have some issues of some sort. I don't think Strong would just pull an offer from a 4 star recruit just to pull it. He has some sort of reason.

Recruiting Stars on paper don't make plays on the field. There is a reason Coach Strong elected to pull the offer. He's not going to air the dirty laundry. Until proved otherwise, I'll assume Coach Strong knows what he is doing. Especially as it relates to defensive position players. His track record for recruiting stands on it's own merit.

Sorry - and I know that this will be considered bashing Coach Strong but how does his track record in recruiting stand on its own merit.  While Loiusville is not Texas his best recruiting class during his tenure at Louisville (2009 - 2013) was ranked at 33 (2011).  I could find no record of his being in the top 25 recruiting ever - now he should do better at Texas just because he is at Texas but his history does not yet reflect the ability to attract top 25 recruiting classes year in and year out.

Now he obviously was able to get the most of what he did recruit due to his W-L record but the Big 12 is a tougher conference then the Big East.  He also got the job on 2 back to back seasons that he went 23-3 which is notable - but the previous 2 season he was just 14 - 12 which is not that notable.  

Sorry but he has yet to prove (A) can he compete in the recruiting wars with the Big Boys for the Big Players - and yes star ratings for High School players do not mean that much for some players in the long run (but it is generally a fact that the schools that win 10 - 12 games a year on a regular basis are almost always on the top of the recruiting boards so it must mean something) - and (B) can he get the same performance form his players at Texas that he got at Louisville in the tougher conference of the Big 12.

I have stated several times that I think that Strong will in the long run be a good hire for Texas but he does bring some concerns as well.  Like I like to say only time will tell.

Sorry - and I know that this will be considered bashing Coach Strong but how does his track record in recruiting stand on its own merit.  While Loiusville is not Texas his best recruiting class during his tenure at Louisville (2009 - 2013) was ranked at 33 (2011).  I could find no record of his being in the top 25 recruiting ever - now he should do better at Texas just because he is at Texas but his history does not yet reflect the ability to attract top 25 recruiting classes year in and year out.

Now he obviously was able to get the most of what he did recruit due to his W-L record but the Big 12 is a tougher conference then the Big East.  He also got the job on 2 back to back seasons that he went 23-3 which is notable - but the previous 2 season he was just 14 - 12 which is not that notable.  

Sorry but he has yet to prove (A) can he compete in the recruiting wars with the Big Boys for the Big Players - and yes star ratings for High School players do not mean that much for some players in the long run (but it is generally a fact that the schools that win 10 - 12 games a year on a regular basis are almost always on the top of the recruiting boards so it must mean something) - and ( B) can he get the same performance form his players at Texas that he got at Louisville in the tougher conference of the Big 12.

I have stated several times that I think that Strong will in the long run be a good hire for Texas but he does bring some concerns as well.  Like I like to say only time will tell.

I dont disagree with anything you've stated, BUT he was the one who brought the majority of those recruits into Florida. Urban did his thing as he should have but Strong brought the majority in. And he had better do it at UT as in starting right now.

He is looking for the right players that fit his system regardless of it being a 3star or 5star athlete. He wants kids that will come in and work hard not a kid that is highly decorated and expects to play right away just because he is a 4 or 5 star player. Primadonna's are not what he is looking for. Look at what Briles has done with 2 and 3 star athletes with a couple of 4's mixed in. It is all about knowing what players fit your system and how bad they want it. Look back and see how many 5 star highly decorated high school players bombed out once they got to college. I would much rather a kid with heart, drive and determination to get better and work his arse off to do it instead of the Primadonna that comes in and thinks just because he has 5 stars by his name he is automatically the stud star of the team. Not saying all 5stars are like that but I have watched plenty of them fall flat on their face and not live up to that 5star much less a 2star athlete.