Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

4 hours ago, bulldogbacker said:

Very nice cut and paste from Texas Ags.

again, great bragging point and wow far the Texas program has really slipped.

Don't fear the climb.

enjoy the $ec

Glad you read TexAgs.  I'm sure Liucci appreciates your business.

43 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

His dad is an old friend of mine.  I haven't gotten the scoop yet since it was just announced.  But I would bet he was told Malik is staying in the middle.  In any case, hope he finds the right spot for him and has a very successful senior season. 

I still think Malik is out of position in the middle. IMO, He would be more affective on the outside using his speed to get to the QB.  I would think Charlie would be looking for any excuse to get Malik back to his natural position. 

12 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I still think Malik is out of position in the middle. IMO, He would be more affective on the outside using his speed to get to the QB.  I would think Charlie would be looking for any excuse to get Malik back to his natural position. 

I think he is but hasn't found a MLB to allow him to do that.  Dalton had trouble staying healthy and struggled when he was.  Cecil Cherry leaving left a void as well.  And despite poaching players from all over the state and elsewhere with this incoming class, he whiffed on the two MLB prospects. 

On May 3, 2016 at 11:43 PM, PhatMack19 said:

Our LB coach, known as BJM, is a pretty good judge of where people need to be.

If it were up to you, Malik would be playing in CS.

more on Baby Boo

This is the hidden content, please

Go Boo

Hookem

On 5/3/2016 at 11:57 PM, TxHoops said:

I think he is but hasn't found a MLB to allow him to do that.  Dalton had trouble staying healthy and struggled when he was.  Cecil Cherry leaving left a void as well.  And despite poaching players from all over the state and elsewhere with this incoming class, he whiffed on the two MLB prospects. 

The Shark and the Predator will be OK no matter where he lines them up.

Hook'em!

8 hours ago, TxHoops said:

They will end up in the Big 10 or the PAC 10.  You would never see a public Ivy whoring itself in a glorified juco conference (academically) like the SEC. 

The big 12-2 is the worst ranked academic Power 5 conference in the country......

4 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

The big 12-2 is the worst ranked academic Power 5 conference in the country......

Texas was bound geographically to this one.  When it opens up, you can bet TEXAS will factor academics in.  You guys wouldn't understand since you aren't among the elite...

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Texas was bound geographically to this one.  When it opens up, you can bet TEXAS will factor academics in.  You guys wouldn't understand since you aren't among the elite...

Texas and A&M aren't that far apart academically.  I will say that A&M's new Chancelor is trying to turn them into a diploma mill and get enrollment up to 80,000 students.  A&M's rankings will continue to go down if that continues to happen.  

28 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Texas and A&M aren't that far apart academically.  I will say that A&M's new Chancelor is trying to turn them into a diploma mill and get enrollment up to 80,000 students.  A&M's rankings will continue to go down if that continues to happen.  

This is the hidden content, please

one of us is, one of us isn't.   But keep chasing little brother.   Or just go open admission like Az St.  Either way.  

23 hours ago, Aces_Full said:

Anthony Wheeler (same class as Malik) has been getting reps at MLB.  I think that will alllow Malik to move to the outside. 

I think McCulloch will push for playing time immediately if he has a good Summer. I expect him to be around 250lbs during fall camp, would suck to have to start a true freshman in the middle for the second straight year but I think he's actually more suited to do so than Malik. Wheeler is the starter on the weak side and pretty light, not sure he holds up in the middle. Maybe Edwin Freeman can get some reps there and allow Malik to move out to his more natural position?   

36 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think McCulloch will push for playing time immediately if he has a good Summer. I expect him to be around 250lbs during fall camp, would suck to have to start a true freshman in the middle for the second straight year but I think he's actually more suited to do so than Malik. Wheeler is the starter on the weak side and pretty light, not sure he holds up in the middle. Maybe Edwin Freeman can get some reps there and allow Malik to move out to his more natural position?   

What about the TE that was supposed to catch the 1st pass of the season against ND last year?  A lot of people said he was a better LB than Malik when they were HS teammates.  

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Lower admission standards would be like "glow in dark" uniforms!

hookem

25 minutes ago, bulldogbacker said:

Lower admission standards would be like "glow in dark" uniforms!

hookem

Move to new conference creates a buzz and Ags see a temporary spike in recruiting.  Shine wears off and they are unable to keep from being outrecruited by a 5-7 team/coach.  Wheels come off.  Time for Plan C.  

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

What about the TE that was supposed to catch the 1st pass of the season against ND last year?  A lot of people said he was a better LB than Malik when they were HS teammates.  

Yeah, you're talking about DeAndre McNeal. Malik flashed so much more on film it's hard to say McNeal was better but he was definitely an elite prospect at the position coming out of high school. His problem is that he's a 'tweener IMO, he's nearly 240lbs and trying to play in the slot. He's better suited to play H/TE but he's short for the position. Tough luck but the kid is determined to catch passes at Texas so we'll see what happens when this new crop of receivers gets there.

On May 5, 2016 at 3:21 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, you're talking about DeAndre McNeal. Malik flashed so much more on film it's hard to say McNeal was better but he was definitely an elite prospect at the position coming out of high school. His problem is that he's a 'tweener IMO, he's nearly 240lbs and trying to play in the slot. He's better suited to play H/TE but he's short for the position. Tough luck but the kid is determined to catch passes at Texas so we'll see what happens when this new crop of receivers gets there.

McNeal looked pretty good in the spring game. It looks like he lighted up.

love being the underdog

Hookem