Nederland @ Crosby

[quote name="kparkfootball" post="1427448" timestamp="1377453315"]
Does Ned have a big offenses line?  How big are they?

Crosby rec are bigger then NED rec but are they faster?
[/quote]

Not that big, but good with technique. NED has some speed out there, but I think they have better hands than speed.

[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1427069" timestamp="1377379942"]
I see this being a shoot out with turnovers and field position being the deciding factor. Ned's offense has definitely improved with Hopkins coming back and likes of Kilmer on the side line but there defense has a few question marks that have yet to be answered. Crosbys twins are going to be great this year and with that receiver there offense could be up there with SC's but Crosby isn't known for there defense.

I got whoever has the least turnovers wins the game.

Ned 45
Crosby 42
[/quote]

Nederland won't give up 42.. That you can take to the bank...

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1427557" timestamp="1377467733"]
[quote author=$MTC-28$ link=topic=113519.msg1427069#msg1427069 date=1377379942]
I see this being a shoot out with turnovers and field position being the deciding factor. Ned's offense has definitely improved with Hopkins coming back and likes of Kilmer on the side line but there defense has a few question marks that have yet to be answered. Crosbys twins are going to be great this year and with that receiver there offense could be up there with SC's but Crosby isn't known for there defense.

I got whoever has the least turnovers wins the game.

Ned 45
Crosby 42
[/quote]

Nederland won't give up 42.. That you can take to the bank...
[/quote]
We will see godogs.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1427576" timestamp="1377470506"]
Heard all of this last year.  Ned didn't give up 42 to anyone, and only 30 to two teams.  Neither one were Crosby or Vidor.
[/quote]
You should stay on topic bigdog. Noone said anything about Vidor. Last i checked this is the nederland crosby thread.

Just saying    8)

Wow, no speed in the secondary? Speed gives us problems? Other than SC and Dayton I can't remember a team we lost to the last couple of years that didn't grind it out. Teams that keep the ball away from us give us problems. If you give us the standard 10-12 possessions we're going to put points up.

I don't think it'll be a blowout either way. Nederland is going to score their 20-24 points they always seem to get on decent teams. Ned rushed it 46 times for 208 yards on us last year but I'll gladly take that, it was the 4 or 5 play action passes Ned completed to keep drives alive that hurt. It was our first game with a first year head coach and on the road at that. Aston got a lot more comfortable with the new offense as the season progressed. He didn't look like he knew where the receivers were supposed to be in that first game action. Raelon did burn a Ned db for our score but we only threw his way a couple times that night, expect that number to increase dramatically along with Cullen Lee who's 6-3 and about 200lbs doing work over the middle. We also have a sophomore receiver that once he gets it figured out will be a matchup nightmare. Crosby's foremost issue is will be how to block Washington. I like our o-line against Ned's d-line except for that matchup. My guess is the screen game and misdirection but we'll see what Riordan has in store.

Nederland 24
    Crosby 28

We make one more big play than they do and go 3-1 in our last four games vs Ned.

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1427645" timestamp="1377479736"]
You have NOONE who can block Caleb Malveaux either.
[/quote]Josh Blackburn was all-state on a couple teams and did very well against everybody that lined up on him except Washington. He'll be even better this year but still won't be able to block D.Wash. Pryor on Kouron allowed Washington to make even more plays but they're gone now. By no stretch am I saying it will be easy to block Ned's d-line because of their departure but I think Aston will have more time and our line is a year older and stronger. If Aston has time I think Ned will struggle to cover our receivers.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1427659" timestamp="1377481097"]
[quote author=Brubaker link=topic=113519.msg1427645#msg1427645 date=1377479736]
[/quote]Josh Blackburn was all-state on a couple teams and did very well against everybody that lined up on him except Washington. He'll be even better this year but still won't be able to block D.Wash. Pryor on Kouron allowed Washington to make even more plays but they're gone now. By no stretch am I saying it will be easy to block Ned's d-line because of their departure but I think Aston will have more time and our line is a year older and stronger. If Aston has time [b]I think Ned will struggle to cover our receivers.[/b]
[/quote]

Still have Kimler and Seay back there.. Both are big fast and physical. Both always make big plays too.. Krautz has a ton of speed and will run with Crosby's receivers.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1427659" timestamp="1377481097"]
[quote author=Brubaker link=topic=113519.msg1427645#msg1427645 date=1377479736]
[/quote]Josh Blackburn was all-state on a couple teams and did very well against everybody that lined up on him except Washington. He'll be even better this year but still won't be able to block D.Wash. Pryor on Kouron allowed Washington to make even more plays but they're gone now. By no stretch am I saying it will be easy to block Ned's d-line because of their departure but I think Aston will have more time and our line is a year older and stronger. If Aston has time [b]I think Ned will struggle to cover our receivers. [/b] [/quote]

That's a good point about Crosby's speed.  This will be a good test for Nederland...can't really simulate that speed in practice.  It will be good to see this firsthand vs Crosby and Angleton, if either a loss, still a win to prepare for 20 4A.  It will help be ready for Central and Ozen. 

No one can kid themselves with our d line.  The only hopes of a running game will on the outside but I am not even so sure about that vs defense.  Teams like Png that rely on a passing attack may cause us more problems that more balanced teams or running teams.

Ready to see gameday offense.... Hopkins healthy and strong.  I think Kimler and Seay may set some records this year.  Our offense may be the 12th man on D.

I think this game will be a big test for Nederland's LB's.Last year J.Wood played a CB area most of the night against Crosby's spread and did a good job.Nederland will find out what kind of coverage skills we have at the LB position this year.I know Seay will do a great job and I hope the new LB's have a good game or it could be a match-up nightmare for Ned's Def. Cood.

[quote name="Knoddy1" post="1427886" timestamp="1377534179"]
Our offense will definitely keep our defense on the bench a lot more this year, we can grind it out or strike really fast, the cougars will find this out Friday night......Dogs 38-17
[/quote]When has Ned ever struck fast or had a high powered offense? Now with a first year starter at qb Ned is going to be high powered? First of all Ned's running attack which is the lifeblood of their offense was greatly helped along by a good o-line. With the departure of guys like Pryor Ned's line is going to be hard pressed for improvement over what it was last year. Even still it took 46 team carries to get over the 200 yard mark on our D which should be a lot better this year. Raines made some good veteran plays last year like you would expect a three year starter to but I'm expecting some growing pains the new qb's first start, especially on the road.

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1427909" timestamp="1377536896"]
Don't have to type a bunch of explanations, but agree, Crosby may not have two guys together that can block Malveaux and D Wash.
[/quote]Don't get me wrong, Malveaux is a good player but he was the least effective of all Ned's d-linemen last year. He's short and moves slow laterally, he'll be cut down all night with our zone blocking scheme. The only interior lineman that gave us trouble last year was #76 from SC and Caleb isn't that type of player, hard kid to move but we don't run iso plays.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kourt1
    Newest Member
    Kourt1