• 9 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies

• Popular Contributors

• Recent Status Updates

• Bigcam2903  »  softballmom03

Hello, I'll give you a little advice. Be careful with the term SELECT. Many of these so called programs are run by guys who don't have a clue about the game. At this age, the kids need Fundamentals sprinkled in with a few games. Most of these games could/should be Local. The past 6-7 yrs most Rec League Teams started running to so called Select teams and our Rec leagues have suffered because of this trend. Many of the kids that joined these teams aren't playing the sport anymore, heck most never got an offer to play in College. When I think SELECT Team, that means my child has aspirations of playing on Scholarship; that's why you're paying the money for right?? Not trying to scare  you away from teams, just making you aware of how this is a Billion Dollar Industry & the Billions aren't being spent on the kids. I've run the same program for nearly 12 yrs now. My program doesn't hold tryouts, but we compete fairly well. The group I started with are Sophs in College. 3 of them are on Full ride Athletic Scholarships for Football(I trained them in that as well). My Son plays Cornerback for Lamar, he's been a starter since  his Freshman year. Just giving you a little background on how things can materialize without all the hoopla and  just to say it shouldn't cost a lot of money to play a kid's game. There's no way I'm driving my kid All over the Country for a sport he/she can play in their own Community. There are still a few guys around who think as I do. We are currently playing in a Rec League in Beaumont every Saturday morning. God Bless
      · 0 replies
    • kf89  »  Gabe

The beasley & bass names were thrown out by other posters with sarcastic comments about what their good at to be a good head coach at Nederland & Ik it was bs. My post was being sarcastic & bs'ing to the same people that questioned me on what qualified Coach Barrow to be a head coach.
      · 1 reply
    • Jag Insider  »  WOSgrad

Word is Flannigan is leaving West Brook, taking the Tomball job.  2 different sources have told me this...
      · 0 replies
    • DXTR  »  BADSANTA

your not watching??
      · 0 replies
    • XX Man  »  WOSgrad

Did you make the game? I was trying to find your number in my phone, to see if I could find you, but I lost it. It was not as pretty of a win as I wanted, but it was a win. I think if that fumble TD had not happened, the complexion of the whole game would have been different. 
      · 2 replies